Sign in to follow this  

2006 TE450 "E" Start

Hi guys. I searched through previous posts looking for an answer and couldn't quite get my answer.

My "E" start simply stopped working in the middle of a ride.

I checked the Clutch and Starter switches. They both have continuity when the depressed. Both Fuses were good. Jumping the solenoid posts started the bike.

Questions:

1. There are two fuses on top of the solenoid, The one one the left feels like it just wedges in to plastic. Is this the spare. That would leave one working fuse. The book mentions that there are three fuses?

2. Where else should I look for a break in the wiring?

Thanks in advance. Conte

I'm amazed. You guys are the ones that got me excited about the Husky with this awesome forum. I'm very surprised at the no response. This site is the best.

One suggestion for you. Follow the clutch safety wires from the handle bar to the frame. Disconnet them then...reconnect the male and female open ends at the frame to close the circut. This will remove the clutch start safety switch from the process...then maybe the starter will fire. Worth a try....I did this to lose the clutch safety from the starting procedure

I know that you say you checked the fuses but a friend had one go bad on a hot day with the symptoms stated.

The electrical siring on these bikes is also pretty susceptable to water penetration and corrosion resulting in oddities. I had a flasher act up on me for months. Set it aside and temporarily replaced it with a NAPA flasher. Plugged it in after a few months and voila....it worked. Probably had some moisture penetration.

Best of luck to you!

Fixed. There was a break in the wiring after the starter

switch. The wires were rubbing on my hand guard mounts.After fixing that, I swapped the clutch safety wires under the tank. Everything is fine again. Thanks for the suggestions.