Sign in to follow this  

Reliable Fast On-line Parts Vendors/Ordering

I am checking the status of my new to me 2002 DRZ 400s and need to order parts, factory manual, Case gaskets, engine oil pump o-rings (missing on my bike), oil filters etc. None of my local dealers carry this, so I'm asking for input on reliable well stocked on-line vendors. I would like to see very quick delivery, and also specs that are not described on the fiche (i.e., the engine oil o-ring 'cause I could probably get on today if I new the dimensions).

TIA

I get my stuff from Ron Ayers. Their prices are not bad and they are located fairly close to me so if they have what I need, it would be here the next day. They are also a pretty reputable company. There are cheaper places but the savings in dollars often comes at a price (speed, communication, returns).

These days, a lot of dealers do not maintain a huge inventory of specialized parts. They place regular orders, sometimes daily if they have the volume. So you order a part, the dealer places the oprder, has it within a day or two and it gets to you in another day or two. Fairly reasonable. What I do to minimize the wait is I stock a lot of parts for my bikes. A couple of complete gaskets sets and any other part that is commonly replaced. It is an investment to be sure, but it is great to know "It is in Stock". My pals with DRZ's appreciate, I know.

+1 for ronayers. cheaper than my local dealerships, even with shipping & about the same wait time, but right to my door.

haven't let me down yet.

have your p/n's ready when you call.

I have ordered from RA in the past and it went well, but the 2 week + wait is Killer. I have found vendors for my other bike that has the parts on my door step in 2 to 3 days. Was hoping I could find similar vendors for the DRZ.

I will stock up on parts as I save up money.

I would split the case today if I could get the gasket(s).

Thanks all. If others have any other input, please post up.