Sign in to follow this  

Any help please Yamaha GT80 ?

I have owned this bike for nearly 30 years and it is need of lots of TLC. The problem is i cant find the specific model or year of manufacture, the headframe no's match the engine no, which is 374-001662 . When i made an enquiry to customer servive at Yamaha Australia they told me it was a GT80(A) 1970 model. The problem is i can find no other reference to the GT80 even being manufctured until 1974 and that was preceded by the GT-1 in 1973. Does anyone know if this information is correct. I will include the E-Mail i recieved from Yamaha Australia.

Dear Bryan,

According to our information the frame number supplied falls with the range

for the GT80A (1970)

Frame number range Model

374-0000101 to 374 0100000 GT80(A) 1970

Regards,

Duilio Pianca

Customer Relations Department

Yamaha Motor Australia

Can anybody please confirm or bust this info...

Thanks Bryan.......

I have owned this bike for nearly 30 years and it is need of lots of TLC. The problem is i cant find the specific model or year of manufacture, the headframe no's match the engine no, which is 374-001662 . When i made an enquiry to customer servive at Yamaha Australia they told me it was a GT80(A) 1970 model. The problem is i can find no other reference to the GT80 even being manufctured until 1974 and that was preceded by the GT-1 in 1973. Does anyone know if this information is correct. I will include the E-Mail i recieved from Yamaha Australia.

Dear Bryan,

According to our information the frame number supplied falls with the range

for the GT80A (1970)

Frame number range Model

374-0000101 to 374 0100000 GT80(A) 1970

Regards,

Duilio Pianca

Customer Relations Department

Yamaha Motor Australia

Can anybody please confirm or bust this info...

Thanks Bryan.......

I know they had them in 1972 because I bought one for my son when he turned 8 that year. Great little two stroke.