Sign in to follow this  

New Member, Suggestions/Opinions Please

HI,I've been reading this forum for years and now its finally time to sign up and post something, I've been racing mx for years and I'm just coming from an ACL/MCL tears (well they say 2 more months) and seeing how I have missed the whole season I've had way too much time on my hands, you know what I mean if you race and train regularly. Anyways.

This year I bought my gf an 03 xr100 and its going great, she rides around a huge field and lately she has been ringing out 2nd gear around my now overgrown track. The problem is that recently I took her bike for a ride (being careful offcourse not to put my leg down) and had an absolute blast, now I remember why these things were so much fun when I was a kid even with no power. SO, continuing on I just bought myself an 03 xr100, why I'm not sure but for 650 it seemed like a good deal.

Obviously I'm not looking to make a race bike, but a bit more power would be fun so I can ride a decent trail with her.

Here is what I'm thinking let me know if I should get anything else.

BBR 120CC kit, BBR exhaust, One tooth bigger front sprocket, tall bars, tall seat, stiffer springs and shock. Now my question, everywhere I look it sais to get a uni filter or something, I can't find one anywhere, can someone show me a link.

Now before you flame on me for modifying a turd and tell me its a waste of money understand that I have a built 250F for the track and I play on an 02 kx250 but riding her xr100 made me feel like a kid again. Btw I'm 6.1 and 175 if that makes a difference. Thanks for any info.

Heck, I bet you end up selling the KX cause you'll be having so much fun on the 100! 'nutcase