Sign in to follow this  

Wich parts fit 08-09 ?

Have anyone tried wheels, exhaust etc from an earlier kx250f?

it would be great if the wheels fit. And how about springs? i suppose that they fit from 06 and forward?

Wheels will fit, worst case use different wheel spacers but they should bolt right on. Springs will swap over too. Not sure on the pipe yet, havent had a chance to try it yet.

It would be nice it the pipe fit but I am guessing the header won't. You will have to let us know.

I thought i read the 09 has 1mm less offset than the 08, so i'm thinking the triple clamps will not work 👍

the offset doesnt have anything to do with the clamps fitting..it would just be like installing aftermarket clamps with more or less offset...but would the guards fit? (radiator guards, rear disk/caliper guard, engine case guard, skid plate)

I havnt personally gotten my hands on the 09s yet but im guessing most everything but the plastics will fit. i do think that they changed the fork guards too. but the case guards should fit. radiator braces im not sure about. but give me a week or so to get one and i will tell you what will and will not fit.

rad hoses are different, the crossover hoses come to a "T" lower instead of the "Y" up higher, the tank is a different shape so they moved the hoses lower, the engine case guards will not fit. Not much will fit this bike , it is complety new though it shares similar looks with the 06-08. Caliper guard should fit older lower fork guards should swap over (forks are still showa).

this bike has a bar that goes from the outside of the radiator to a frame bracket for bracing but im afraid of in the event of a crash that bar will bend the bracket on the frame that the shroud also bolts to and possibly break it off so im prob going to remove that brace. I think I may have some time to look at the 09 fri , ive been so busy everybody that seen the new bike has sat on it longer than I have! Ill check the fitting of some parts tomarrow so everybody make a list of want you need to know and ill try to supply some info.

Yeah I want to see if I fit on the bike. I will be over tomorrow for a fit check. 👍

any of the parts that are meant to protect the bike...u mentioned the lower fork guards will work (they wrap around the lower tube more like ktm) and the disk and caliper guards...but wat about the skid plate...

I see there´s a radiator brace on it. Looks similar to the one that the 2-stroke Kawis used to have...

Looks a bit flimsy though, i would get a set of works connections or similar...

caz - your bike looks like mine did last night! Got your braces - sweet. The bike rips and shifts way nicer than my '08 450. It seems to turn nicely with the new offset. Straight line stability is good as well. I'll call you soon for some specs on the mounts. Thanks again

my twin-air power flow kit fit on the new bike as well as my QTM oversize front brake rotor with bracket. Both came off my '08 450.

yeah, greased everything, bone ass dry. Second ride yesterday - suspension feels really good, and bike settles into turns nicely. Motor is getting stronger. I have an hour of lap times on the bike now. The QTM front rotor is awesome!

do the plastics swap over ? i get my 450 in 2 weeks but always like to save the standard ones ready for resale! maybe i shouldnt think so far inadvance 👍

what about air filters and oil filters? Oil filters look the same but I dont want to take any chances.

what about air filters and oil filters? Oil filters look the same but I dont want to take any chances.

Didnt it get the same oil filters as 450 this year??