Sign in to follow this  

Just did my first race last night and...

All I have to say is RIGHTHEOUSSSSSSSSS!! That was fun. The only thing I regret is not doing this sooner. I thought I would be nervous at the start gate for the first time but all I had was a big smile on my face followed by the anxious to go wheelie and a half. I don't think I have ever stood my bike up like that before! Anyways, 28 racers and I did a 23-22 .... Would of done better first race but got taken down on the last lap and about 3-4 people went by me in that time. Oh well...rubbings racing. 👍

*just thought I share and maybe motivate some others to give it a shot!*

Yeah... that's kinda how I felt after my first race: happy and sad. Happy

because it was so much fun, and sad because I wished I would have started

racing earlier. Oh well, I'm only 21, so I have plenty of time.

I was on the way to my first harescramble and was so nervous I almost asked dad to turn around, and then I was thinking to myself I'd be lucky if I didn't throw up, but I guess I got lucky.

Once I got on my dirtbike and got on the line, the nervousness left, but the jitters came and I was ready to go. Bottom line is if you think you wanna race, do it! You never know if you'll get another chance, and you're gaurenteed to have fun. I mean my first harescramble I got 14th out of 20 and wrecked about 50,000 times, and still had fun!

i was nervous my first race, as i am with any kind of race. but once the flag dropped, it all goes away. but one thing made me more nervous is the dead bike start we had to do. the old YZF's like to be temperamental from time to time. i also wish i had started earlier. i didnt start riding until i was 14.

^^^in the same position. They are fine with me riding, but as soon as i ask them if i can race, no matter how much i try, they say no. Once i am 18, then, thats a different story haha

^^^in the same position. They are fine with me riding, but as soon as i ask them if i can race, no matter how much i try, they say no. Once i am 18, then, thats a different story haha

Its not so much them saying "no", they'd let me race, but its never like "Hey you wanna go to the track this weekend" or "Did you ever think about entering a race". I've only been to the track twice this year. I just dont get any encouragement out of them. Cant wait to get my drivers licence so I can go where I want.

I dont have an idea how I'm supposed to start racing. Do I gotta get ama affiliated or get some kind of licence to enter races. If anybody can help me out with some kind of step by step process, please feel free 👍.

i just did my first race not too long ago and i was scared to death my first two motos...but the next two where awsome!i still didnt do good though lol

All I have to say is RIGHTHEOUSSSSSSSSS!! That was fun. The only thing I regret is not doing this sooner. I thought I would be nervous at the start gate for the first time but all I had was a big smile on my face followed by the anxious to go wheelie and a half. I don't think I have ever stood my bike up like that before! Anyways, 28 racers and I did a 23-22 .... Would of done better first race but got taken down on the last lap and about 3-4 people went by me in that time. Oh well...rubbings racing. 👍

*just thought I share and maybe motivate some others to give it a shot!*

Cool, it's amasing what you do when the gate drops!! Great fun, and you did good for your first race!

Congratulations on your first race. Mine was in like '82 or '83 and I haven't raced since 2002. Reading posts like this make me want to get out there and just have fun. Thanks for sharing your experience. 👍:worthy:

It's a blast for sure. I just got back into it this year...I have not raced since I was a kid (I race Vet now). I live up north and changed my work schedule so I could join you guys on Wednesday nights down there for the rest of the season, but got rushed into emergency abdominal surgery last week...doc said good luck in your 2009 season! Great 👍. Anyway, I'll be my kids pit crew (50cc) this sunday at Wildrat. Congrats again! Keep racing, it gets better!

Its not so much them saying "no", they'd let me race, but its never like "Hey you wanna go to the track this weekend" or "Did you ever think about entering a race". I've only been to the track twice this year. I just dont get any encouragement out of them. Cant wait to get my drivers licence so I can go where I want.

I dont have an idea how I'm supposed to start racing. Do I gotta get ama affiliated or get some kind of licence to enter races. If anybody can help me out with some kind of step by step process, please feel free :worthy:.

mine are the same way, but then again i can drive myself. haha. but mine didnt encourage me, me and my brother just decided to start, they pretty much said, cool. you will need an AMA membership which is $40 a year. heres a good site:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/torace.asp. good luck 👍

mine are the same way, but then again i can drive myself. haha. but mine didnt encourage me, me and my brother just decided to start, they pretty much said, cool. you will need an AMA membership which is $40 a year. heres a good site:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/torace.asp. good luck 👍

depends on what you want to race. not sure about harescrambles or cross country. but most promoters for motocross only require you to have a membership through them. either one day or a full year.

LOTS of fun

Raced 2 weekends ago

now post some race pics

Soon. They had a professional photographer out there who managed to get 4 shots of me. It cost $40 bucks to get it on CD, but I'm willing to pay because they're pretty decent shots and then I can go to Walgreens and make whatever I want with them.

To the people who want to race, but cannot due to circumstances (parents) just sit them down and talk with them about it. Tell them you are starting out in beginner and don't plan on riding on the rail or anything like that. Just a nice and easy ride. really no one in beginner is going to get hurt to badly because everyone is pretty much 2-3rd gearing it in the fast sections and 1st-2 in the corners. Basically the speeds are slow enough that the injuries are less likely (not non-existent, but less likely). You may feel that you're flying, but watch a video of yourself sometime and see how slow you're really going. 👍 At least for me it was like that!

Soon. They had a professional photographer out there who managed to get 4 shots of me. It cost $40 bucks to get it on CD, but I'm willing to pay because they're pretty decent shots and then I can go to Walgreens and make whatever I want with them.

if the pics are online you might be able to just right click and save as, unless the website wont allow that.