Sign in to follow this  

Scottish Supermoto Championship - "Saltire Suzuki DRZ Cup"

Scottish Supermoto at ESKC Crail Raceway

"Saltire Suzuki DRZ Cup"

A new trophy class addition to the Scottish Supermoto Championship!

Starts 2009 Season

This will be run in the same overall championship races in the same way as our existing 450 and Open classes - race grouping based on qualifying times. DRZ riders will remain eligible and entered in the overall championship and the 450 championship, but with the added incentive of direct competition with other DRZ riders. It's no secret that DRZs are low on power compared to some pure bred race SMs, so this gives DRZ riders a trophy well within their reach!

:worthy:

So to those DRZ riders who haven't thought of racing (yes YOU), or thought about it but done nothing, this is your chance to give it a go! There are a few DRZ riders already riding trackdays and racing at the club and we hope to have a lot more soon. The Scottish Supermoto club is a very friendly grass roots type club where everyone is easy going and ready to help each other if needed. There are no egos, no idiots, just like minded folk who love to ride their bikes on track during track days and race days. Every single rider was a beginner once and remember it, so someone will be on hand to guide and advise when you get started. For more details visit our club website at www.ScottishSupermoto.com where you'll also find the club forum. Any other questions, you can PM me here or on the club forum... I ride and race a DRZ 👍

HOW IS THE CUP AWARDED

The highest placed DRZ rider of the day will be awarded a "Saltire Suzuki DRZ Cup" trophy for their achievement (subject to a minimum of 3 DRZ race entrants). Whether you come 1st, 10th or 30th in the overall field... if you are the fastest DRZ of the day, then YOU win a trophy!

RULES

Only one specific rule to be eligible and that is that you ride a stock capacity DRZ of 398cc with no big bore allowed - any and all other mods permitted. Bikes must be race prepared per standard club rules (see www.ScottishSupermoto.com for requirements).

AMAZING "RACER DEAL" NEW DRZ-SM OFFER BY SALTIRE SUZUKI

Being SM fans, Saltire Suzuki (www.SaltireSuzuki.com) have generously decided to offer brand new DRZ-SMs at an amazing knock down OTR price of under £4,000gbp (exact price TBC) to riders who intend racing in the Scottish Supermoto Championship at ESKC Crail Raceway - with automatic entry into the "Saltire Suzuki DRZ Cup". To be eligable for this deal, you must intend to race your DRZ-SM, have joined the ESKC Supermoto Club and be pre-entered into your first race. Contact Saltire Suzuki for more details of their offer - ask for Calum.

(TT Mods - I have no connection with Saltire Suzuki other than having arranged this club riders deal with them - so hopefull this won't be seen as a commercial post?)

SO?

What are you waiting for... come along, join in, have fun!

If you have a DRZ-SM and live within travelling distance of Crail Raceway... what's stopping you? If you don't have a DRZ, then you can buy a new one cheap in the "racer deal". If you have "another" supermoto you can race too... but not for the DRZ Cup :busted:

You can start off gently with a track day first - each race weekend has an open track day on the Saturday.

Hope to see you soon :blah:

Ant.

so far away from illinois.. 👍

Excuses, excuses.... if you really wanted to race with us you'd make the short trip over here :busted::worthy:

That's awesome!

Yeah, we're hoping it will get a lot more existing and new DRZ-SMs to visit the track and join the club. There are a lot of DRZSM riders kicking about in Scotland and hopefully some will be interested. More riders = better racing = more fun 👍

Yeah, we're hoping it will get a lot more existing and new DRZ-SMs to visit the track and join the club. There are a lot of DRZSM riders kicking about in Scotland and hopefully some will be interested. More riders = better racing = more fun 👍

Forgot to mention... if any UK TT'ers are interested in coming along and joining the club, trackdays only or racing for the DRZ Cup, add your name...

So far...

AKIS (me)

GaryBathgate

?

:worthy:

If only it wasnt so damn far 👍

Pah... more excuses :worthy:

Hi akis thanks for the invite im to old for that im 52 .just bought me DRZ SM a couple of weeks ago from Jim Allans in Falkirk what was i thinking about ..naw just kidding i love the DRZ its the most fun ive had in years . my other bike has hardly been out of the garage Honda X4 1300 .

anyway if i get a chance i will come up to Crail to watch racing.

Cheeers

Boomer

Hi akis thanks for the invite im to old for that im 52 .just bought me DRZ SM a couple of weeks ago from Jim Allans in Falkirk what was i thinking about ..naw just kidding i love the DRZ its the most fun ive had in years . my other bike has hardly been out of the garage Honda X4 1300 .

anyway if i get a chance i will come up to Crail to watch racing.

Cheeers

Boomer

...anyway if i get a chance i will come up to Crail to watch racing.

No worries... come over a say hello if you make it up.

I'm in a white van with www.scottishsupermoto.com on the back window and a green gazebo attached and usually setup on the grass area near the shower block.

There is something to aim for then, me and another DRZ-er only live 20 miles from crail so should drag ourselfs over really. Will pop over next w.end to see what the score is.

Today's racing was a blast even through it was wet (again!) - smaller group of riders through - 12 in the "A" Group and 10 in the "B" Group. Got an 8th, a 7th and an 8th on the DRZ in the Bs.

Some photos from saturday's trackday...

DRZs front and rear

normal_trackday6sept22a.jpg

2 DRZs

normal_trackday6sept02.JPG

1 DRZ

normal_trackday6sept21.jpg

Just had yet another scottish DRZ rider sign up as a club member yesterday - so even more DRZ-SMs on track 👍