Sign in to follow this  

blown rear shock

hey guys how do can you tell if you have a blown rear shock?

it seems like my back end just bounces everywhere. like a rubber band it just snaps back, it just started doing this a couple rides ago and one of my buddys noticed that i might of blown it out..

anyhelp thanks..

Any fluid leaking?

Doesn't cost too much to have it serviced depending on what parts need to be changed. Mine was $100.

As MXJOSH said fluid leak is a good indicator and I did have a major leak large puddle on the floor of my trailer...here is the previous post with a video of what my bike was doing.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660009

I am sending my shock out to get a revalve/rebuild and a new spring....the spring is 100 bucks and the rest is 200...but it will be set up for me...I figured if I was spending the money I might as well get it done right.

i havent noticed if my seal was leaking or not, ( no puddle) but it just seems very springy and it just bouncing everywhere.

That may also be a sign that your compression/rebound are way to fast. Have you plyed with the clickers at all?

That may also be a sign that your compression/rebound are way to fast. Have you plyed with the clickers at all?

yea i had it set up perfect then it just started getting really springy..

im gunna check my clickers tomrrow and see what there at..

thanks guys

messed up sag? maybe you got bigger and you need to reset all the clickers and dont rear shocks have nitrogen or something so what if its losing nitrogen how would you tell

Mine did this as well when I went too long in between fluid changes. Actually rode with the stock fluid for 3yrs. Performance in the whoops was greatly diminished. The rear end would kick all over the place. Having the fluid changed fixed it. Fluid only lasts so long.