Sign in to follow this  

New problem for the pair valve and a yosh rs2.

Ok, this is the problem. Got my new rs2 went to put it on, pair valve gets in the way so you can't bolt it all the way so the exhaust blows.👍 I don't want to remove the pair valve coz it runs my scott oiler. So what can I do, is there a way to move it back abit or another way I can get he exhaust to fit?

Had the same problem on my UK DRZ. The US DRZ's don't have the pair valve, which is why the Yoshi pipe and most other aftermarket header pipes aren't designed to fit around the valve. I spent ages trying to jig the exhaust around, but its impossible without the header touching the radiator. All I did was remove the bracket which clamps the valve, and hold the valve in place further back with some heavy duty cable/zip ties.

Was planing on getting a new bracket made up, but its been like this for 6 months now with no problems, has not slipped once!!

That will do for me then. I'll have a little look and see about making some thing some time but that will do for now, cheers.

Done it with zip ties but I don't like it. I'll have to make some smart looking. I'll post pics when I'm done if any one is interested, unless some one has made, brought or done some thing already. I'd quite like to see it.

Hi from NZ. Ours are the same, just put on an RS2 last week. Moved the PAIR valve back and bolted it to the engine case. Looks factory.

It's to pump the oil........Locate the vacuum - there is a vacuum pipe from the

inlet tract running to a PAIR valve. Cut into this pipe

and insert the T-Piece from the Scottoiler kit. Then

press the Damper Elbow, part number 4, onto the third

leg of the tee. For further information see our easy

step installation guide - Vacuum Connectors, General.........

you dont need the pair valve to use the vacuum that runs it.

the pair valve has nothing to do with the function of your oiler.

remove pair valve.install block off plate on the cylinder ex port.connect the vacuum line directly to the oiler.

throw pair valve away.