Sign in to follow this  

throttle sticks when i turn my handlebars all the way right..but not left or straight

hi all my bike seems to act normal when the bars are straight or even all the way left but when i twist my bars all the way right and twist the throttle it sticks and wants to redline on its own anyone know whats the cause???

cable binding, check for tight spots on the cable in that right turn position and try to get more slack by rerouting so its not tight and pulling when turned

Take your seat and tank off and make sure your cables aren't getting bound up on anything and then pull the black cover on the side of the carb where the throttle cables go in and slather a little grease in there. And while your at it lube the cables but keep in mind after you do this the grease/oil attract dirt so you'll need to clean and re oil them every so often.👍

hi all my bike seems to act normal when the bars are straight or even all the way left but when i twist my bars all the way right and twist the throttle it sticks and wants to redline on its own anyone know whats the cause???

It's bound up somewhere between the throttle and the carb, or it has hooked on something that is causing it to be routed differently. Trace the cable all the way to the carb. It should have quite a bit of slack in it.

It could be your throttle line. It may have a kink in it therefore when it's turned right your throttle doesn't work. Thats my bet.

your cable is bound. just check where the cable is and give it some slack. also make sure its not getting cought on any thing.

Same thing happened on my YZ125.. When I took the throttle off I put the cable in front of the steering stem. It is supposed to go behind the part of the frame where the steering stem goes through. Try that.

turns out when i put my forks back on i think i didnt route the cables properly and they rubbed thru the plastic and now i need new cables 👍

turns out when i put my forks back on i think i didnt route the cables properly and they rubbed thru the plastic and now i need new cables 👍

Oh well ya live and learn, cables are really cheap compared to sum of the stuff ive seen, a few along the lines of changing the oil in a tri-axle and starting it up without oil:bonk: :worthy:.