Sign in to follow this  

i think i have a problem

i have a 2003 honda crf 450r i can usually start it on the first or second kick but after it gets hot it takes forever and when i get goin fast it misses...what can be wrong

i have a 2003 honda crf 450r i can usually start it on the first or second kick but after it gets hot it takes forever and when i get goin fast it misses...what can be wrong

sounds like your valves need to be checked. Could also be several other things but that would be my first guess.

yeah man id check the valves first thing for sure. could also be ur carb is gummed up. do you run race gas? (such as U4) check the honda threads and search for how to adjust valves. that should tell u everyting u need to know. or take it to a mechanic

Probably nothing. Thats what Honda's do. 👍

Most people say that when the valves go to zero it won`t start cold. But my 03 450 did the same thing as yours when my valves went. It would start first kick cold but was very hard to start when warm, mine would run fine with no missing, but would die somtimes when i close the throttle.