Sign in to follow this  

i know valves again????which ones though?

i need to put in valves and i am asking friction mx or oem????or which is ron hamps really that much more expensive? i hear kibble whites are trash..

The reason my Ferrea valves are more exspensive is because i send them out and have a secoundary process performed to them .A hard coating is applyed to the face of the valve where it contacts the valve seat to help prevent valve and seat erosion .The kibble white valves seem to do okay in the hondas with many pepole having good results from them i have used kibble whites for many years as far back as 1978 for harleys .The kibble whites will not hold up over 300 miles in a suzuki drz aplication because there not nitrided as the oem valves are the technology that was learned from this aplication was taken to the honda to help make a more reliable package .The hard coating process has helped hondas that have had valve problems where there is severe condition as in desert racing and has proven to out last any other valve.

I sent my head to Dave at MxTime (www.mxtime.com). He cut the seats and installed new valves (I think he said he gets a special kind of faction valves, but if you insist on something else he'll use that). Price was very reasonable and turnaround time was 1 week door to door.

i went with kibble whites and they worped in 10 hours... i keep my filter clean and still these went bad on me...all i can say is money wasted.. and i really dont think its my riding style or my mantanance...if anything it could be the shop i took my head to???????????