Sign in to follow this  

Leaving SoCal for a real vacation

Love to have a little insight and/or advice here from some off road compadres.

For a long time my wife and I have talked about visiting Australia and vicinity for what we've always hoped would be a reasonably long vacation. We were thinking two to three weeks. Thankfully work has been good to us but very busy. Coupled with kids growing up, time to disappear for a while hasn't presented itself until now. Since we've been busy spending money on kids and at work, the credit card points have continued to accrue. I was shocked when my wife told me how many we have. Looks like it's time to begin planning for this trip.

Like most of us I couldn't dream of not spending at least a few consecutive days in the dirt while I'm there. So much that I would plan a portion of our travels to coincide with the best off road riding you can tell me about. Of course I will need the services of a tour company who can rent me a nice bike that will haul the mail and show me where to take it. I'm all eyes and ears for where to go, when to go and who to go with. Can anyone help here?

Off the off road, in addition to spending time on the mainland Australia I feel like I'd like to visit Tazmania, Fiji and some other cool places around the area for a few days if it's worth it. Anyone care to enlighten me here? Where might I go to get the "real deal" info on these travels and the good places to stay without having to hear from some travel agent who's "heard about it"?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer me.

137 replies to how many Aussies are on TT International and no one can help me here? Is it because I don't belong to the club? 👍