Sign in to follow this  

Best Mod's for a 125?

What can I do to make the 125 run just a bit like a four-stroke? What I mean is, I want more lower and mid range, but without losing the power. I do like the hit, just looking for more power up to it - more like how a 250 2-stroke runs? It's stock right now - do you recommend a 144 Kit, or ....

Thanks

If you want it to run like a 250, you need a 250.

A properly ported 144 will be great though and have quite a bit more grunt than the stock 125, but nothing like a 250.

What is your bike doing?

Is the first 15% of the of the power curve dead and then it hits really hard?

You can move up two sizes on the primary jet and mellow the hit out just a bit but it will still be a 125 with out the kit.

Wow! The guy is from Yugoslavia? Where was the bike jetted at? How many people do you have to ride with in Yugoslavia?

Sprockets: Maybe a 50-52 rear sprocket?

Pipe: fmf fatty or something for low end

Bore kit: 144's are nice

flywheel.

Theres a few things.

you can jett your engine. also i dont know if they make it for 125s but there is a thing that is called power up or something and it is only 100 bucks but it improves low and mid range. the truth is though your bike wont run like a 250 at all.

I knew a guy that raced a 2001 YZ125 back in 2001. The bike had the head welded up and was re machined to get higher compression and a different combustion chamber shape, He also ran a flat top piston from a CR125 in it. The bike also had a pro circuit pipe and muffler.

Had a fair few HP over stock and holeshot 3 moto's in a row (due to a restart of one of the races) at the first round of the national MX titles that year.

This advice is great. Regarding running like a 250, it's the low and mid range I'm looking for. Again, I like the hit and don't want to lose it, but, 1st gear is near useless and second and third are, you know - just kinda weak. I'm trying to love the 125 because I can't seem to sell it to get the 250 I want, yet, when I get the 250, I'm gonna have to tame it - so, I thought I'd try to enhance the 125, you know what I mean? Which is better the FMF or Pro-Circuit? I'm got an RM by the way.