Sign in to follow this  

should i have to drill my hub for new spokes

just bought a new warp 9 rim and spoke set..the spokes will not fit through the holes in the hub . is this normal and do i have to drill them out.. thanks in advance...

just bought a new warp 9 rim and spoke set..the spokes will not fit through the holes in the hub . is this normal and do i have to drill them out.. thanks in advance...

yes you have to drill the holes for oversize spokes , measure a spoke with calipers and use a drill that is a few thoudanths smaller because drills cut a few thou. big 👍

It's a whole lot easier to drill the hubs than it is to turn the spokes down on a lathe...:worthy:

lol....... be nice 👍

It's a whole lot easier to drill the hubs than it is to turn the spokes down on a lathe...👍

Maybe true, but not as much fun!

I'd buy a hub that the spokes fit before I'd weaken my stocker by drilling it out. Seems a lot like running with the sprocket bolts loose to me.

My undersatnding is that people do this very often with ill effect. They do this because the stock hubs are strong and light, but AgentSmith knows what he is talking about and I will let him answer for a professional's point of view.

Well guess what . after reading on warp 9 website it says that hub drilling may be necessary to use their spokes .So if my hubs fly to pieces i will just sue them.. HA HA.. didnt really have to drill them just cleaned them up with smaller bit than the hole. and they worked fine.. So thanks for the responses..