Sign in to follow this  

How long is too long for E petcock turned on?

How long is too long for E petcock turned on? Obviously if you let the bike sit for weeks but what is the short term cut off time? I commute with my DRZ and most weekends I ride it everyday. But what about the weekends it sits for 2 days should I be turning the gas off? 👍:worthy::busted: I don't now. I ride year round and it rarely sits for more than 3 days at a time. I seen lots of threads about gas in the oil and they got me thinking of this. I have a S but has a FCR MX and E petcock, no vacuum lines. Thanks for any input.

Damn Eddie your fast. 2 minutes to answer. Thanks. Well that answers that. 👍:worthy: See you in the morning. :busted::blah:

No, it doesn't have an off position. S/SM are vacuum operated. If you have it in the run or reserve position it will shut of when the engine stops. In prime it will stay on, so don't leave it in prime. This is all assuming it is working properly.

Oh ok thanks thats what I thought is was:) Thats a great idea as long the vacuum works. That why the bike wouldn't run the other day when that little hose was disconected...LOL DOH. But I quickly fixed it.

No, it doesn't have an off position. S/SM are vacuum operated.
Older SMs have a non-vacum petcock (in the UK anyway).