Sign in to follow this  

Rear Chain guide wearing out quickly...

Hi Guys. About 6 months ago my rear chain guide rubber bit wore out. I didnt even notice until it had chewed right throught he alloy mouting bit that holds it up.

I got a new one and fitted it. The alloy bit is now 2 pieces but it still works (cut through the bottom, but the bolts hold the two sides together and in place).

But the new rubber bit i got only lasted 6 months! its warn right through again now! I have got a new rubber bit, but i want it to last more than 6 months!

I'm running the standard sized sprocket, but do ride in sandy conditions now and then. (maybe once every few months) so a max of 3 rides on this chain guide.

Could it be because the alloy mount bit is warn through? i cant see how this would effect it. but i'm not sure.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Mike

is your chain tighten? mine got worn to quick but it was cause my chain was drimasticly loose. check your chain. good luck.

mike

Have you changed spockets lately? A larger sprocket will change the location of the chains path and wear the guide faster.

I'm having the same problem. My chain wore all the way through my chain guide. Plastic, aluminum and all. I adjust my chain after every ride. Anyone have any idea's on rigging up a homemade guide that will last?

Cheers guys. Its probably because i hadnt tighted the chain enough. I will keep it tight and maybe lower the guide a bit so it has less weight of the chain on it and see how it goes.