Sign in to follow this  

Good Ride to Boulder Lake, McCall, Idaho - 08 21 2008

I finally got some pics today from a short ride we did outside of McCall, Idaho. It's cooled down up here and we've been getting some showers so the dirt is great in the trees - not too much dust in the open areas. We rode from Patty Flat road to a few miles past Boulder Lake before we ran out of time and had to turn around.

The trail was for the most part a fun high mountain single track trail with several miles of rock crawling - probably the most difficult rock crawling I've ever done so I am pretty stoked about this ride since I did it very cleanly with only a stall or two! My fingers and forearms are sore from so much clutch and throttle work - I felt like I was a trials rider at times with my ars end and knees all over the place balancing the bike through some of that stuff! Had to keep the momentum up and that front tire light and just let it bounce off and over all those rocks!

I only had my cell phone camera to take pics with so quality's not good but here are some photos...

l_0e4638e806bd69dc06067630f8c27dfc.jpg

l_e548a8168a82c3bf0b43daf3be67dfeb.jpg

l_40022286e11b936bd6e7c9477eea2e71.jpg

l_c4b55880ba840782ad6ada3e5105b676.jpg

l_a3e1d258b838b160d1eeffd7891905b3.jpg

l_a844f9bd4fd519a6ff4588b4963458a6.jpg

l_3803c7f2f1052b1e7e1365711b356c54.jpg

l_a5aaac618d0af00ee0538f536b64ee49.jpg

• Like 1

wow, gorgeous riding!!! THANK U for posting the pix--which ones have you in them? the rocks look just like a trail at McCubbins on Mt Hood (you know, whoppermelons, catalopes, with a few ------>KIWIS<------------inbetween 👍) cell phone performed well too. Lucky you for an awesome day!!!

Nice pics Sarah! Hope I get to make it down there with Em and the girls the end of next month.

I sure hope you do to BBBOM! We'll have a great time!

Plush - as usual, I'm the one taking the pics so no shots of me in there. I got one of my little bike with the pretty forest behind but didnt figure you all would be to interested in seeing that. The guys just never think about stopping to take photos. I on the other hand, love taking pics of the pretty scenary but if I stop too much - I get too far behind so I try to be quick about it.

I sure hope you do to BBBOM! We'll have a great time!

Plush - as usual, I'm the one taking the pics so no shots of me in there. I got one of my little bike with the pretty forest behind but didnt figure you all would be to interested in seeing that. The guys just never think about stopping to take photos. I on the other hand, love taking pics of the pretty scenary but if I stop too much - I get too far behind so I try to be quick about it.

I hear ya! You'd never know that I was actually on some of my vacations, or that I even ride for that matter!

Beautiful pics. It's too hot & dusty to ride here still. It's about 92 today.

Great Pics! Nice riding area - Idaho is moving up on my list of states to ride!

Exactly...next summer sounds good to me....I like to think sooner than later. 👍

ahey thx for the pics, they're great!

and thx for this ...

Had to keep the momentum up and that front tire light and just let it bounce off and over all those rocks!

i will be tryin this next time i am at WindRock!

>:-)

Exactly...next summer sounds good to me....I like to think sooner than later. 👍

KTMKIM, pick me up on your way through CO to ID!

KTMKIM, pick me up on your way through CO to ID!

Can Do!!! 👍

Exactly...next summer sounds good to me....I like to think sooner than later. :worthy:

Come on out anytime!! Mark and I could show ya gals some real Idaho backcountry ridin. 👍

Come on out anytime!! Mark and I could show ya gals some real Idaho backcountry ridin. 👍

Sounds almost like a plan....whatta ya think worththewait.....wanna try to plan something for next year?