Sign in to follow this  

cdi box or valves???? bad problem

has anybody had an issue with a CDI BOX GOING BAD or valves out of wack that could cause a bad hesitation at 2500-3000 rpms and crapping out around 6000 rpm. keep in mind this bike is brand new 08 450x with about 3 hours.at around the 6000 rpm mark it craps out like it hit the rev limiter and does the same around 2500-3000.i thought it was carburation. I illiminated that by having the carb tested at tokyo mods and it worked perfect for them.just put it back on the bike tonight and still having the same issues.so now i am thinking of electical problem or maybee the valves are already needing adjusment??????

Check your spark plug to coil wire connection if you haven't already.

i have not checked it.what should i look for?

thanks

it's hard to imagine valves out of spec so soon. have you done any mods to the bike ?was the hesitation there from day one?

it's hard to imagine valves out of spec so soon. have you done any mods to the bike ?was the hesitation there from day one?

all the mods are done on the bike. thats my issue.i picked up the bike from the dealer brought the bike home and never rode it. i had all the parts ready to go for the mods and just started on it.now i wish i would of rode it first...one of those weird things...

Unscrew the plug cap off the coil wire and make sure there is good contact there. You can take the plug cap apart with a flat blade screw driver and make sure the resistor and all the connections are clean and good. Work backwards from there ICM being last. Check all the grounds out too and make sure they are tight and I'll bet your problem goes away. Oh....check the kill button too.

Unscrew the plug cap off the coil wire and make sure there is good contact there. You can take the plug cap apart with a flat blade screw driver and make sure the resistor and all the connections are clean and good. Work backwards from there ICM being last. Check all the grounds out too and make sure they are tight and I'll bet your problem goes away. Oh....check the kill button too.

thanks for the hlep guy's. i know what i will be doing this weekend...i will keep updating on my situation.👍