Sign in to follow this  

What Helmet to get... if you wear glasses?

I need a new brain bucket and I am tired of fighting goggles over my glasses.

I ride a xr650l mostly trail.. but highway to get to the trail.

anyone have a suggestion to a helmet with a slide up visor or solution for the glasses problemo?

thanks

xberg

I have a modular helmet that I use for dual sport. Being able to flip up the entire front of the helmet makes putting the glasses on really easy.

Mike.

I've got a HJC helmet for dirt and wear Scott Voltage X OTG goggles. So far no problems. My glasses are smaller rectangular rims and there is a slight trick to getting them to fir in the goggles so that I dont get eye lid marks on them, but so far they've been working fine.

The more expensive route would be to look at the Arai helmet mentioned above or the Shoei hornet. I like these helmets for the simple fact thtat I have to ride to trails and both of those helmets are like getting two style of helmets for the price of one.

Aria XD

+1 luv my XD...

great air flow for warm weather...don't think it wud make a gud cold weather helmet though...wear sunglasses with it frequently & still can use goggles for extreamly dusty conditions...there can be some distortion w/ the faceshield but i don't even notice it any more...faceshield and/or visor can be removed if desired and i have no problems with +80mph slab runs.

i believe cyclegear has some of the older style(different vents) for less than $300 and they have frequent sales where u can knock off an additional 10-20%

👍

DSC01495.jpg

Any helmet and OTG goggles. I use Scotts.

Take glasses off -> pull helmet on -> Slide glasses in through front of helmet -> fasten strap -> put goggle on and adjust a little.

Probably takes ten seconds longer than if I didn't have glasses.