Sign in to follow this  

Can I Fix the Right Handlebar Switch

My high beam is out. Pretty sure it's the switch as switching bulbs makes no difference. Can this thing be taken apart or am I gonna have to buy a new assembly??

check all the connectors up front first, i had blinker problems, and i changed light bulbs... then started chasing wires... and it led to an unplugged connector right underneath the headlight shroud

• Like 1

check all the connectors up front first, i had blinker problems, and i changed light bulbs... then started chasing wires... and it led to an unplugged connector right underneath the headlight shroud

True, the DR's wire connections are notorious for coming apart behind the shroud. Physically push each one together, sometimes they look connected but don't actually make contact.

Also, the switch is super easy to remove and take apart. The only weird thing is where the stock choke lever is "permanently" attached to the handlebar, and there is a little peg on the switch housing that seats into a hole in the handlebar so that the unit won't twist on the bars; it's not stuck or glued in there, it just sits in there.

Good luck