Sign in to follow this  

Rmz450k8 Efi Range Of Use

Hi, got an rmz now. Trick question, has anybody geared their bike up for top speed and used it in desert racing, or longtrack speedway, or road racing?.

If so did you have to adjust the efi for topend revs, or can the system adjust itself far enough for high speed use?.

I race longtrack speedway meetings plus mx here in new zealand. Of course i put in a bigger main jet to compensate (95-100 mph) on my last bikes.

I know the rmzefi adjusts itself all the time for general use, mx etc, but what im thinking will it adjust it rich enough (out of range?) when geared say 14/43 sprockets, doing 10,000 revs, say for 4 laps of a 1000 meter longtrack speedway?, or how about road racing with a 3/4 mile straight?.

Anyone tried this etc?, any help would be appreciated, especially from tuners.

I wouldnt want it to lean out or seize on this beast.

Thanks.👍

Well since you asked me (just kidding), there are ways to trick the efi into running richer if your concerned but really it should be fine stock as long as you dont mod it out. You could always add a fuel controller box and increase fuel at the upper rpms or do it cheap and tweak the TPS sensor slightly so it thinks its got slightly more throttle opening than it does and it will run slightly richer at all rpms. Thats one of the great things about open loop efi, you can alter it and it wont try to correct itself. give you an extra level of tuneability

I would say just go out and buy a efi programmer just to be safe. Its way cheaper than a seized motor, and the hospital bills that may come if seized at those speeds.

Have since raced a longtrack speedway, and have taken it road racing, all seems good. HAVE NOT MODIFIED IT YET. With the road racing its seems to runs rich enough at the top end as the pipe is slightly sooty, even with pump fuel. Even though my bike works ok, im thinking about getting it tuned on a dyno with a powercommander etc. Just to be safe.

But i had to try it stock, as to answer my own question and see what happens.