Sign in to follow this  

Fitting an Arias piston kit to XR600R (2000 model).

Seems cheap enough, so I've bought it off Ebay......

My XR600R requires a rebore, so measured up and it will clean up at +0.50mm (0.020") oversize.

An American dealer had an Arias piston kit at that size, and with the $/£ exchange beig what it is, I've bought it at an extremely low cost.

I have not been able to find any compression ratio details from Arias, as their website is poor. And the dealer said no details were available to him so he presummed it's standard CR.

So hopefully someone here may have experience of this kit, which I believe is #63-006X.

If so, is there any pitfalls I need to kep an eye out for?👍

Managed to get a full gasket set for a low cost also resulting is all the components from the U.S. delivered for the cost of a genuine Honda piston here.

I can't wait to get the old bird running again, until then I'll hoon around on my new XT660Z Tenere....... but it just ain't the same feeling.:worthy:

Regards.

Timpo.

If the top of the piston is completely flat and only has valve reliefs, it is most likely for an 11:1 compression ratio. A standard 9:1 will need a dished crown and a 10.5:1 will likely have a very slight dish.

I found them on Ebay too. $95 OTD is a smoking price for a forged XR600 piston.

Seems cheap enough, so I've bought it off Ebay......

My XR600R requires a rebore, so measured up and it will clean up at +0.50mm (0.020") oversize.

An American dealer had an Arias piston kit at that size, and with the $/£ exchange beig what it is, I've bought it at an extremely low cost.

I have not been able to find any compression ratio details from Arias, as their website is poor. And the dealer said no details were available to him so he presummed it's standard CR.

So hopefully someone here may have experience of this kit, which I believe is #63-006X.

If so, is there any pitfalls I need to kep an eye out for?👍

Managed to get a full gasket set for a low cost also resulting is all the components from the U.S. delivered for the cost of a genuine Honda piston here.

I can't wait to get the old bird running again, until then I'll hoon around on my new XT660Z Tenere....... but it just ain't the same feeling.:blah:

Regards.

Timpo.

Yeah, rub it in.... You blokes get the Tenere over there!:worthy:

:busted:

I can't confirm your part number but I put an Arias 10.5/1 in one of my older XR's (a '93) and it was the best thing that ever happened to that motor.

I was looking for an Arias for my '96 but couldn't find one so I went with a Wiseco 10.5/1. The Arias was better. I think the Arias was actually a 10.5 whereas the Wiseco (although labeled 10.5) seems as though it's actually a lesser ratio.

I also purhased one of these piston kits....it is not .020" oversize... It is for a 97.02 bore 👍

Anybody need a new piston kit ???

The good news is it's 10.5 compression:banghead:

I also purhased one of these piston kits....it is not .020" oversize... It is for a 97.02 bore

The good news is it's 10.5 compression:banghead:

NitroDave, your right!

The piston came in the post yesterday, and it's f-ing standard (97mm) bore size......:worthy:

I've sent a message to the seller as his advert stated +0.020, thats says to me +.50mm, and that a rebore would be required.

So my next idea is to fit a new cylinder liner sleeve.

Hopefully a H5159SL is the Wiseco liner required, and there's a few on Ebay again.👍

How easy is it to fit a liner sleeve...........:busted:

Timpo.