Sign in to follow this  

husaberg help

i have a fc600,first reg in uk in 2002 ,can anybody tell me if it is possible to convert said bike to electric start,also is there any form of w/shop manual available?

just south of york,never been anywhere near one of these so any help gratefully received

just south of york,never been anywhere near one of these so any help gratefully received

Selby by any chance?

Not sure the conversion can be done without changing the engine casing.

Husaberg.org will indeed give you all the answers you need, Taffy is the man.

the UHE is down for upgrades, but I just checked my '03 parts manual, and I believe for '01 through '03 they (Husaberg) put a plug in place of the e-starter. Check your left side case, just in front of the kicker decomp mechanism. If there is a cap there you should be able to install and e-starter.

A 2001 model and up can be converted to e-start by merely adding the starter and all of the electrics. A 2000 and prior models require different cases which is usually cost prohibitive.

The 01 and 02 models were not very good starters off the button anyway. If it were me I would not bother. If you really want an e-start Berg fast forward to a 2004 or newer model as they e-start reliably.

there is a blank on the left hand casing where starter should be,if it

can't be converted then so be it

The site is being moved to a new server. It will be back up in a day or two.

there is a blank on the left hand casing where starter should be,if it

can't be converted then so be it

The cover or blank comes right off which will reveal the cavity for the starter.

Again I wouldn't bother. In 01 and 02 the e-start worked so poorly that it was called a restarter and was not to really be used for the first start of the day. There are tons of things that can be done to improve the starting of 01 and 02 models but it takes a bit of time and money and involves using updated (newer model) parts.

yes,i'm in selby,worst luck

Nothing wrong with Selby.

There is a place called NTB racing which used to be husaberg dealers a few years back, they are just north of york. Give them a call.