Sign in to follow this  

Gasgas FSR450/515 dual-sport?

I was woundering how well the Gasgas 450 and 510 are for road use? I am thinking about the Husqvarna TE450, TE510 as well. My biggest concerns are

1. How often do you adjust valves?

2. What kind of adjustment is it (shim, or screw)?

3. How often do you change oil?

4. How reliable has your bike been (hours/miles)?

4. Can it cruise at 65MPH/100KM/H

THANKS!!!

These motors are kink of loosely based off the DRZs. Although the rev much quicker and pull alot harder. So reliability shouldn't be a problem. I'll check my manual again, but I thought it was 5000km before the first valve check. Change oil every 500 km. It is shim design if I am not mistaken. I have about 30 - 40 hours on my bike. Other then some loose bolts at the flywheel (was 100% covered by gas gas). It has been like a rock. We are learning a few do's and don'ts and tricks but other then some small things it is a quick set up and ride type of bike. Also, you can, but it is has a trick to it, kick start this bike with no battery. I have done it. I have a 515. Bassically the only one that is currently being ridden in the US and it is unbelievable! I think Dale (US importer) is currently working on getting them DOT inspected. Once that goes through, lookout. The 515 for dual sport or super moto would be the best option. I has the power to put rediculous gearing. The fuel injection is awsome as well. You think about turning the throttle, and it practically does it for you. The only think you would not like is the small tank. With the fuel pump, the stocker only holds about 2 gallons. IMS has larger tanks for it. This is one good handling bike. The weight absolutely does not take away from the typical gas gas handling. In fact, other then G-out type bumps, I think I can out turn my 300 in any given situation.

Once more people start riding these bikes, I think you will hear some great reviews. If you are looking at them, I would get a 07 or newer. They have the updated airbox, motor, EFI and they handle SOOO good.

Brian

I have put some 200h of hard enduro riding on my '05. I have changed the valve play ONCE. That was after 30h from new. Book says change oil every 30h, I change oil and filter every 20h.

I was woundering how well the Gasgas 450 and 510 are for road use? I am thinking about the Husqvarna TE450, TE510 as well. My biggest concerns are

1. How often do you adjust valves?

2. What kind of adjustment is it (shim, or screw)?

3. How often do you change oil?

4. How reliable has your bike been (hours/miles)?

4. Can it cruise at 65MPH/100KM/H

THANKS!!!

1. How often do you adjust valves? They are very long lasting for adjustments, and that's if you ever adjust it..

2. What kind of adjustment is it (shim, or screw)? Shim

3. How often do you change oil? Every 500km dirt use

4. How reliable has your bike been (hours/miles)? Still haven't found someone who has replaced a piston ,Top notch engines for longevity... (Main reason I purchased one)

4. Can it cruise at 65MPH/100KM/H No troubles, but I would gear it a little taller though...

1. How often do you adjust valves? They are very long lasting for adjustments, and that's if you ever adjust it..

2. What kind of adjustment is it (shim, or screw)? Shim

3. How often do you change oil? Every 500km dirt use

4. How reliable has your bike been (hours/miles)? Still haven't found someone who has replaced a piston ,Top notch engines for longevity... (Main reason I purchased one)

4. Can it cruise at 65MPH/100KM/H No troubles, but I would gear it a little taller though...

Thank you very much. I am going to post on the GG site as well.

Clarke makes a tank, not IMS. Shame on me, but i've never even checked the valves on my 07 and its got a few thousand miles on it.