Sign in to follow this  

Hey Kiwi... saw pics of your new bike on Pics and Vids...

Why are you not sharing the love here?? :worthy:

I'm feeling so left out... :busted:

Seriously though, I thought you'd be right on here telling us all about it!!

I didn't read through the whole thread over there, figured you could share w/the other ladies here, so if I ask anything redundant... sorry! 👍

Right out of the box, how does it compare to your Honda? (I remember it was a 150... was it the expert?)

Are you thinking about lowering it?

Have you had it out to the track yet? If so, how do you like it?

Poo... I know I had more questions... can't think of anything now!

But DANG girl... spill it already!!!

yeah you got some good pics kiwi, share here. oh, yamamama the 150 she had(I think she still has it though) was the "F" not the race one like mine.

ahhaah thanks YM - i love ya!

it would be an embarrassment to my KTM to even compare it to my 150. my 150 was a trail bike - the 150F - not the 150R. (my dad doesnt believe in 4 stroke race bikes). its all i could ask for and more!

i dont have alot of lowering options. KTMs dont have linkages, so i can't get a kouba lowering link. my dad said something about a shorter rear shock spring that would help. apperently a new rear tire can knock a few hairs off. i'll wait till my tire needs to be replaced tho. which won't be long, this thing has some serious grunt! there isnt enough seat foam to cut off either.

no, i havent had it on the track yet 👍 i am going to my local track next saturday and tuesday, thats the plan right now. and then ill go riding wednesday as well. and then i start school thursday. :worthy:

honestly this bike is so amazing. the powerband is noticeable all through the motor yet it hits HARD when you get on it. if your not holding on it'll knock ya right off. i absolutely love it. i couldnt be happier with it. i can start it 1st kick every time even with my height deficite (its a problem being 5'4" and 115 lbs!!!) and its alot more fun then my boyfriends CRF250R - that bike flat out scares me!!! my bike is faster and loads more fun to ride. long live the 2 stroke!!!

my dad and i drove 3.5 hours to southern vermont to Ronnies Cycle in Bennington to pick it up. it was a gorgeous drive! i love NY and vermont - 2 of the 4 places i want to live when i grow up! (the other 2 being PA and TX - but yall dont wanna hear about that!) We pulled in and the dealership is an amazing building - i wish i had a pic. i walk in and shes sitting right there!!! brand spankin new 2007 144SX. i almost started crying - i know it sounds redicilious, but its something ive wanted so badly for so long! i was shaking. i just couldnt believe it was mine! the bike is just the trickest stock bike around IMO. v-force 3 reeds, stock FMF pipe, excel rims - all the goodies. we also bought a butt plug (exhaust plug...) and brake fluid. my dad and i signed the papers and we wre outta there! all the salesmen thought it was my dads bike and then they feared for my life when they found out she was mine! it was pretty funny. we got home around 1:30 and i wanted to ride her, but my dad wanted t look a few things over so i downloaded pics from pickup.

CIMG1931-1.jpg

CIMG1930.jpg

CIMG1932.jpg

(haha - horse trailers are great multi-taskers!)

i went out to the garage and my dad said i could ride it. i went inside and threw on my gear (smelly thor pants, answer boots with no ankle support, and my now awesome bell helmet - it matches my new bike - pink, orange and purple baby!) i found the choke and gas switch very easy - i cant find them on my boyfriends 250F - "BRYANNNNNN!!! WHERES THE DANG CHOKE?!?!?" hahaha. i started it like 4th kick. what an amazing sound and smell! i clicked her into gear and off i went. the hydrolic clutch is sick!!! right off you can feel the torque all through the motor. it pulls everywhere. even just a small crack of the thorttle gives you an idea of what shes got. she wanted me to open her up so bad but i couldnt - not enough space. shes totally manageable and no engine breaking is sweet. i can only ride her for 5-10 mins a day, stupid neighbors. man i wish i lived in the middle of no-where. i porbably wont be able to go riding until next saturday. oh well. (am i repeating myself?)

i have no words to say except THIS BIKE IS SICK!!!!!

CIMG1937-1.jpg

CIMG1934.jpg

CIMG1939.jpg

hehe - its eating me!

A suspension shop can lower it for you. 2" is about the limit or the rear end gets kind of funky. Well maybe since the KTM has no linkage it may work out better than a jap bike. If you try to use a shorter spring the bike may sit lower but it will have a stinkbug stance and the front end will not want to turn. Just a thought. Be careful the 1st time that thing gets "on the pipe" so it doesn't leave you behind.👍

your tall enough so dont bother lowering it .

they are a great bike , how about some pics of you jumping it :-}}}

i just brought my daughter a full set of gear she cant wait to get home and ride her peewee with her supergirl outfit on , she is only 4 :-}}}}}

ahhaah thanks YM - i love ya!

i dont have alot of lowering options. KTMs dont have linkages, so i can't get a kouba lowering link. my dad said something about a shorter rear shock spring that would help. apperently a new rear tire can knock a few hairs off. i'll wait till my tire needs to be replaced tho. which won't be long, this thing has some serious grunt! there isnt enough seat foam to cut off either.

You can get an Enduro Engineering Super Soft seat that has a lowered seat pan which will allow you to shave the seat and get an inch or so lowering. I spoke directly with the Enduro Engineering guys about this.

my dad and i drove 3.5 hours to southern vermont to Ronnies Cycle in Bennington to pick it up. it was a gorgeous drive! i love NY and vermont - 2 of the 4 places i want to live when i grow up! (the other 2 being PA and TX - but yall dont wanna hear about that!) We pulled in and the dealership is an amazing building - i wish i had a pic. i walk in and shes sitting right there!!! brand spankin new 2007 144SX. i almost started crying - i know it sounds redicilious, but its something ive wanted so badly for so long! i was shaking. i just couldnt believe it was mine! the bike is just the trickest stock bike around IMO. v-force 3 reeds, stock FMF pipe, excel rims - all the goodies. we also bought a butt plug (exhaust plug...) and brake fluid. my dad and i signed the papers and we wre outta there! all the salesmen thought it was my dads bike and then they feared for my life when they found out she was mine! it was pretty funny. we got home around 1:30 and i wanted to ride her, but my dad wanted t look a few things over so i downloaded pics from pickup.

So did your dad co-sign for you or did he straight up buy it for you? 👍

i went out to the garage and my dad said i could ride it. i went inside and threw on my gear (smelly thor pants, answer boots with no ankle support, and my now awesome bell helmet - it matches my new bike - pink, orange and purple baby!) i found the choke and gas switch very easy - i cant find them on my boyfriends 250F - "BRYANNNNNN!!! WHERES THE DANG CHOKE?!?!?" hahaha. i started it like 4th kick. what an amazing sound and smell! i clicked her into gear and off i went. the hydrolic clutch is sick!!! right off you can feel the torque all through the motor. it pulls everywhere. even just a small crack of the thorttle gives you an idea of what shes got. she wanted me to open her up so bad but i couldnt - not enough space. shes totally manageable and no engine breaking is sweet. i can only ride her for 5-10 mins a day, stupid neighbors. man i wish i lived in the middle of no-where. i porbably wont be able to go riding until next saturday. oh well. (am i repeating myself?)

GET BOOTS WITH PROPER PROTECTION THAT FIT RIGHT (no heel lift) OR END UP LIKE THIS

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679894

Your dad forked out the cash for the bike, and I

Get yourself a nice spark plug wrench too, especially if you're going to be doing any hare scrambles or anything out in the woods away from people and trucks. I'm sure you'll have the same issues I had with my bike and kill plugs. Take out stock in NGK while you're at it.

tus_06_wra_spa_wre.jpg

Like horses, it'll probably take you being bucked off it a time or two before you realize what its really capable of so you might as well prepare yourself as best you can. Be sure to post up pics of the carnage :worthy:

Thats my slightly more than $.02

You guys can go drool and oogle in this thread... https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683096

We're here to hear about her bike her plans for it, how she likes it without the drooling and leghump.gif

:worthy::busted: Good stuff there! :blah:

Kiwi, can't wait to see the track pics.... give that boyfriend the camera and tell him to make good use of it! :D He can be YOUR pit tootsie from now on!

I also agree w/Iroc about the protection. Be safe... don't want to hear about you laid up w/anything broken on your first ride out. Knee protection is #1 for me... I think I'd opt for the knee protection before the helmet (but I have wussy knees and a hard head 👍).

Great write up on the bike... we want more/better details once you've REALLY ridden it!

I forget... do you ever do any trail riding, or just track?

That's a mighty big step up from your Honda... treat it with respect, and take care!!

Wow kiwi your pops dont believe in mx 4 strokes:confused:

But then again i dont blame him after all of the things that can go wrong with these things.

Have fun and WEAR A JERSEY, i've noticed youll rock full on gearwithout a jersey what's up with that, and btw i dont think you want what looks to be road rash on your arm as part of your back to school 'look'.👍:worthy:

You can get an Enduro Engineering Super Soft seat that has a lowered seat pan which will allow you to shave the seat and get an inch or so lowering. I spoke directly with the Enduro Engineering guys about this.

So did your dad co-sign for you or did he straight up buy it for you? 👍

GET BOOTS WITH PROPER PROTECTION THAT FIT RIGHT (no heel lift) OR END UP LIKE THIS

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679894

Your dad forked out the cash for the bike, and I

Get yourself a nice spark plug wrench too, especially if you're going to be doing any hare scrambles or anything out in the woods away from people and trucks. I'm sure you'll have the same issues I had with my bike and kill plugs. Take out stock in NGK while you're at it.

tus_06_wra_spa_wre.jpg

Like horses, it'll probably take you being bucked off it a time or two before you realize what its really capable of so you might as well prepare yourself as best you can. Be sure to post up pics of the carnage :worthy:

Thats my slightly more than $.02

thanks cori!

yeah i need new boots, im thinking tech 3s. i dont have enough $ right now for tech 3s im about 30 bucks short, maybe i can find something on ebay. i need a job, i'm not allowed to get one though, yeah its a pain in the butt.

In regards to the height of the bike, make sure you have the sag set properly. It may lower the bike enough so that you don't need to spend bucks on having the suspension guys do it. I have always wanted one of those bikes to play around with! Very jealous! 👍

......... long live the 2 stroke!!!

CIMG1932.jpg

CIMG1939.jpg

Yessss!!!

Like ktmchick said....get that sag set specifically to you and your weight is the first important step.

After you get accustomed to the bike the seat height will seem natural.....you touch the ground very well in that pic and we all know you want to keep your feet up and on the pegs anyways.

Awesome bike and looking good. 👍

Welcome to the Orange Brigade! What they said above, you look fine - height wise, just set the sag right. Awesome bike, can't wait to hear about your first real ride!!

thanks ladies!! im dying for some real seat time too! loops around my house dont do the bike justice!

yup i need to set sag, defnitely. its pretty soft from the factory so that helps.

right now my dads 200SX and my 144SX are right next to eachother in the garage and it looks SO SICK!!!!

ow u got one of the 144's ... congrats!

i hear they are sweet!!

>:-)

So it's Saturday... is it today you are riding it at the track, or next Sat?? Because I am really anxious to hear about that first real ride on the new bike! 👍

Congrats on the bike Kiwi!!! It looks sweet! I love the two stroe variations that KTM offers....You look good on it too!

I saw you mentioned a bell helmet. THEY ARE AWESOME!!! I just bought a new moto-8 for my daughter and for myself. It fits like a shoei, and I am very impressed. Glad to hear you like yours too!

I can't wait to hear your report!!!! I bet that thing is going to be a real hoot!!!

Nice bike!! May I ask why you got that when you have a 200sx?? Either way, it is good to see a cutie pie such as yourself so into bikes!! I hope my daughter gets into it like that too, she is 3 and I hope to get her a pink little 50 real soon. She is already really interested in bikes and always talks about motorcycles. Good luck with the 144!!