Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone been on top of Hutch Mountain, AZ?

Thinking the view from the top might be something cool and I see a road leading to the lookout point. I also see some other riding possibilities around that. Like a Jeep trail that goes by cattrack tank.

l_6551303f908598cc13629afb1882fce8.gif

myspace reduced it waayyy too much but you should be able to make out stoneman lake. To the NE of Stoneman you can see Hutch Mountain. Am I the only one who is curious to see what is up there?

Hmmm no takers for a Sunday ride to check it out? Just in case you still may not know why this ride should be interesting, I believe hutch mountain is the biggest mountain that overlooks Mormon lake. The top is 8,500 feet and should be a pretty fantastic view.

Ok so I did get a couple comments this should be a good place to ride and I see that no real rides were scheduled this last weekend, I wanna leave this ride open. I have a couple ideas for some possible routes, but I wanna see some responce...

I was there a couple of weeks ago. No view. Road to the look out is closed already. The lookout at Apache Maid says the guy got sick and they didn't replace him since it was late in the season. I suppose you could (gasp) walk up the road and climb the lookout for a nice view. You won't be able to get into the lookout though. Maybe try Apache Maid instead if you want to look around.

Well that sucks!!!! I guess I will need a new destination Sunday!!! Any suggestions?