Sign in to follow this  

Throttle tube

I was just wondering what everyone was running for a throttle tube. I have been using the stock plastic ones, but I keep breaking them. I was thinking about using one of the metal ones, but before I spend the money on one I want to know if they will hold up better than the stockers. My biggest concern with with a metal throttle tube is how prone are they to bending? Are they worth the extra money or should I just keep getting the plastic ones?👍

I installed a protaper one earlier this summer and have not had any problems. wrecked hard several times and it has not bent it also slides alot smoother than the stock plastic. Worth the money.

I run ODI grips, which come with a throttle tube. It is plastic, but set up differently than a stock one. Easy to clean and lube, and there's no end to break in a crash. Check it out, you'll see what I mean.

I have had a Joker Billet throttle tube on my 03 for 3 years now with ZERO problems. No breaks or bends at all. I just pull it off once a month clean it and put a little grease in there. Def. worth the money

I figured for 20 bucks that I would give the ODI grips a shot so I ordered a pair this morning. Thanks to everyone for their input!