Can't get my DRZ400 started

My 01 DRZ is having issues- here is what has happened:

1) Last spring bought the bike and it ran great for 3 rides. At the end of the 3rd ride it would crank but not start at all.

2) After that I couldn't get it started. I took apart the carb, it was in bad shape so I cleaned all out.

3) Bike still wouldn't start. It was not getting spark. I put a new plug in and after that the bike started right up and ran great. I rode it for a few hundred miles.

4) Then one morning I tried to start it and it just cranked and cranked ... would not start. It has not even made a sputter since.

5) I have checked the carb, tried starting fluid, hooked the battery up the a charger, put a new spark pug in... it is getting spark although it seems like it might be weak.

What could be going on! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1) Last spring bought the bike and it ran great for 3 rides. At the end of the 3rd ride it would crank but not start at all.

2) After that I couldn't get it started. I took apart the carb, it was in bad shape so I cleaned all out.

3) Bike still wouldn't start. It was not getting spark. I put a new plug in and after that the bike started right up and ran great. I rode it for a few hundred miles.

4) Then one morning I tried to start it and it just cranked and cranked ... would not start. It has not even made a sputter since.

5) I have checked the carb, tried starting fluid, hooked the battery up the a charger, put a new spark pug in... it is getting spark although it seems like it might be weak.

What could be going on! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A kink in a Vacuum hose?­čĹŹ Did you check the voltage on the battery without bike being under a load?

The vacuum hoses are okay, I have not checked the valves or compression, but it was running great up to this point. How can I check if the stator is bad? The battery was weak when I originally tried to start it-would this be related to a bad stator. I've been hooking the battery up to a charger when trying to start it and it has plenty of juice to turn over.

Thanks for the help

W/ the carb. being hog dirty the last time, the pilot jet is suspect. That's the first thing I would check, and then valve clearance. Then the stator. How long did it sit this last time? Starting fluid should have made it at least pop I would think though.

If the first plug looked good but wasn't getting spark and then it fired after you put a new plug in, I'd suspect the wire going to the plug myself. Maybe buy a new cap as they are cheap and try that.

Just a thought.