Sign in to follow this  

Just got my WRR!

I love this thing.👍

Primary use: 75% around-town commuting, 25% dirt playtime (if/when i get to the mountains).

First thoughts, 50 miles on the odo:

* So easy to ride (my last bike was a Suzuki TL1000R). This would be a great 1st bike.

* Smooth power, clutch is really easy. I can feel the 250cc's though. When's the WR450R coming out?

* Smooth suspension. Perfect for bumpy/cracked/pothole roads. Took it for a 30 mile ride straight from the dealer. Confidence inspiring on the goat trails.

* Pretty comfortable ergos, the seat could be wider for longer rides though.

* Mirrors actually work! (maybe I'm not as wide as others? Size 40 chest...)

* I want to drop a few teeth in the back to make the revs lower on the freeway.

* Needs luggage. Dirtbagz looks like the best option at this point in time.

* It was REALLY HARD to come into work today. I want to go play.

Can't wait to hit the dirt.

welcome to the BLUE side 👍

I love mine too :busted:

Are you forgetting the sixth gear? :worthy:

Before you drop the teeth in the rear ride it for a while. When it sounds like it is really spinning it still has a lot of rpm's left. Just a suggestion.

Not to hijack your thread, but I love the TL1000R. Almost bought a barely used one out of repo for $2500, but was too late. But I'm a big single and twin junkie ala Super Duke and Speed Triple.

Congrats on your new WR!

I love this thing.👍

Primary use: 75% around-town commuting, 25% dirt playtime (if/when i get to the mountains).

First thoughts, 50 miles on the odo:

* So easy to ride (my last bike was a Suzuki TL1000R). This would be a great 1st bike.

* Smooth power, clutch is really easy. I can feel the 250cc's though. When's the WR450R coming out?

* Smooth suspension. Perfect for bumpy/cracked/pothole roads. Took it for a 30 mile ride straight from the dealer. Confidence inspiring on the goat trails.

* Pretty comfortable ergos, the seat could be wider for longer rides though.

* Mirrors actually work! (maybe I'm not as wide as others? Size 40 chest...)

* Needs luggage. Dirtbagz looks like the best option at this point in time.

* It was REALLY HARD to come into work today. I want to go play.

Can't wait to hit the dirt.

Before you drop the teeth in the rear ride it for a while. When it sounds like it is really spinning it still has a lot of rpm's left. Just a suggestion.

Well, I'm still breaking it in so i haven't really twisted the throttle yet. I've kept my top cruising speed to ~ 55 mph. I hit 60 once on a quicker part of the freeway.

I'll make my decision on sprocket once it's had it's 3rd oil change - but you're probably right.

I'll make my decision on sprocket once it's had it's 3rd oil change - but you're probably right.

Isn't the 3rd oil change scheduled at 7,000 miles on these bikes? Long time to wait...👍

Isn't the 3rd oil change scheduled at 7,000 miles on these bikes? Long time to wait...👍

I think most people here change a little more often than whats scheduled, I have 2k on my bike and now, and running on my 5th change and 3rd filter.