Sign in to follow this  

Baseline fork settings. I'm sure it's here, but i can't find it.

I searched but couldn't find it. what are the baseline fork settings? i think its 12.5oz of 5w in the legs. but what should the comp and reb start at? i'm starting from scratch. thanks dudes!

192 ccs in the inner chamer of the forks -- bleed, then put cap on. compress the damper rod fully and the excess will come out.

Outer chamber - try starting at 350ccs. If you need more bottoming resistance/stiffer forks you can add 10ccs at a time through the air bleed holes.

Clickers, try these:

Forks, compression 15, rebound 9

Shock, High speed comp. 3 turns, low speed, 16, rebound 10. 108mm sag

192 ccs in the inner chamer of the forks -- bleed, then put cap on. compress the damper rod fully and the excess will come out.

Outer chamber - try starting at 350ccs. If you need more bottoming resistance/stiffer forks you can add 10ccs at a time through the air bleed holes.

Clickers, try these:

Forks, compression 15, rebound 9

Shock, High speed comp. 3 turns, low speed, 16, rebound 10. 108mm sag

so there are 3 things on the shock to adjust it? all i have done was the rebound at the bottom and the middle screw inside the red nut. is the 3rd one the red nut?

the third adjustment is the red nut. It is the high speed compression dampening adjuster. It does the high shock shaft speed adjustments essentially.

oh ok thanks. i remember accidentally turning it once (dont remember how) so i turned it back cause i thought thats where you drained the oil out of it.

ok i just went to adjust the red nut and it doest click like the others do. it just spins. is it supposed to click?

It doesn't click. It just spins, you count by number of turns out from all of the way in.

oh ok good then. also is it bad to have all your suspension on the softest settings? cause im 125 and i know i need new springs but i gotta get new valves and a JE before i can get springs.

It doesn't hurt to turn out the clickers softer. --- But personally I think having suspension working good for you is way more important than motor mods. Try and put them off if you can first.

Because when you are out at the track and riding you don't think so much of the motor, but how the suspension is suspending you. How fast you can get through the whoops, through the corners, etc. And over little bumps w/out your hands getting ripped out of the bars.... You can compensate for less power easily by your riding.

• Like 1

It doesn't hurt to turn out the clickers softer. --- But personally I think having suspension working good for you is way more important than motor mods. Try and put them off if you can first.

Because when you are out at the track and riding you don't think so much of the motor, but how the suspension is suspending you. How fast you can get through the whoops, through the corners, etc. And over little bumps w/out your hands getting ripped out of the bars.... You can compensate for less power easily by your riding.

i will be getting money really soon. so i need to do valves though. they keep zeroing out. and im gonna put a JE in while im at it and do the dry rebuild and save a $20 head gasket. currently i have $160 i will be getting about 250 soon and maybe 400 soon. then im not gonna get a senior ring so i will be getting 200 from mom. so thats 250+200+400+160=1010 👍

valves -250

JE -180

suspension -160??

pipe maybe MRD for sure though - 400

leaves me $20. and that would have been used up by the head gasket.

cool 👍 Valves that keep zeroing out isn't a good thing... Just be careful how many times you re adjust them... Don't want them to fail on you :worthy:

cool 👍 Valves that keep zeroing out isn't a good thing... Just be careful how many times you re adjust them... Don't want them to fail on you :busted:

yea but when i first shimmed them there were zero. then i reshimmed them. they went to zero in about 2 hours. now i have prolly put about 4 on my bike since the last reshim and it still starts first kick. :worthy: i will have to check soon. maybe they fixed themselves?

Def. suspnsion is WAY more important... i wanna learn how to do my forks over again... there is an inner and outter oil chamber? is it hard to get the oil in the inner oil chamber?

what tools do i need to do this job?