Sign in to follow this  

250F EFI kit

I went to europe this summer and on the flight back home decided to pick up a local mx magazine. This is one ended up being in french but i could still figure out the general stuff, and this particular article caught my eye.

This is a full EFI kit for a yz250f made by a company called GET.

The price is 4700 euros which is about $7050.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/rusky01/250fEFI1.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/rusky01/250fEFI2.jpg

edit: on the second page there is a parts breakdown

Europe is the only place that you get proper works bikes and works parts these days.

US is all mass prodution and advertising.

Europe is the only place that you get proper works bikes and works parts these days.

US is all mass prodution and advertising.

Its been that way here for years! If FMF or Pro Circuit did not build it, forget about it. Until the Q Stealth came out, FMF had nothing I wanted.

Their products are fine...many even good, but nothing like works stuff. For me, this qualifies as works stuff. http://mhproducts.com/

Obviously, this next item counts as well. http://www.online-mc.no/main.php3?PI=info&PNO=43996

I am lucky to have friends in high places. I have one of the covers on the way!

It would be a dirty lie to say I have not thought of custom, original style Bultaco graphics to match.

So, in YOUR opinion, what constitutes "works" and "mass production" ?

All opinions count, so fire away.

that ignition cover is pointless bling :worthy: ......... but I'd take one. I want the GYTR clutch cover. Does that mean my kid has to get a student loan to finance a text book purchase though? The guilt.👍

What qualifies as works stuff.................... I don't know exactly, say like one of stuff that is made for factory teams like intergrated carbon fibre airbox/rear subframes, those custom ali 10l pressed fuel tanks like "stimps" has, the hydraulic clutch used on the Rinaldi team yamaha's, the custom frames and one other the YZM 500 2t:worthy: 👍

so the general concessus is that if pro circuit or fmf doesnt make one of these kits then were not going to see them in the US?

so the general concessus is that if pro circuit or fmf doesnt make one of these kits then were not going to see them in the US?

What I understood from the previous posts is that because this kit is made in Europe, all american companies are producing crap and marketing.👍

What I understood from the previous posts is that because this kit is made in Europe, all american companies are producing crap and marketing.👍

Thats a great way to generalize, but the fact is that 2-3 large companies control what products we have available to us. Once they set prices and availability, its all over.

Notice the cost of 4t exhaust systems.

We can buy some trick items in the States, but not of the variety available in other places. If you like buying into the hype and marketing, enjoy. Many of us would rather pay top dollar for good products instead of slick papered magazine ads.

That fuel injection company is cool. I did notice one small thing they should delete of the web page...

"Cannondale agrees, and has chosen to include our GP Control® fuel-injection system in all 2002 motorcycles and ATVs. This system features new hardware, including a flash memory-programmable SAGEM MC1000 ECU (Engine Control Unit), and software including a base fuel-injection map tuned exclusively for Cannondale's radical 432cc four-stroke engine."""

That looks as if it is a positive thing, but I'm not so sure.

ATK would work.....Based on the Cannondale history I think I might just skip over that part. Really a shame, actually. I saw a lot of the Cannondales in our area and a ton (???) of the ATK machines are available. I know they get joked about, but they do look well put together.

Thats a great way to generalize, but the fact is that 2-3 large companies control what products we have available to us. Once they set prices and availability, its all over.

Notice the cost of 4t exhaust systems.

We can buy some trick items in the States, but not of the variety available in other places. If you like buying into the hype and marketing, enjoy. Many of us would rather pay top dollar for good products instead of slick papered magazine ads.

There are plenty of cool products in the US. I know that there's a variety in Europe that we don't get here. Being french, I read a few euro mags once in a while, so I know what's up over there. But that doesn't mean everything in the US is bad...