Sign in to follow this  

08 TE/SMR stator output???

Trail Tech dosen't know if their 06/07 KTM RFS stators fit or upgrade the 08 FI bikes. Anyone know if the new are the same as the old? Anyone have a definitive output? Looking to run some headlight & heated clothing in upcoming cold months. Thanks!

Trail Tech dosen't know if their 06/07 KTM RFS stators fit or upgrade the 08 FI bikes. Anyone know if the new are the same as the old? Anyone have a definitive output? Looking to run some headlight & heated clothing in upcoming cold months. Thanks!

What bike?👍

My hunch is that the 08 TE stator puts out as much juice as the hopped up Trailtech one. The TE stator has 3 bolts however to hold it to the cover where as the TT stators for the KTM's are all 2 bolt if I am not mistaken as are the TXC/TC's. I have an OEM 08 TE stator in my hand as I type.

08 SMR, I figured the TE & SMRs all shared stators. I'll look at the other thread, thanks!

I don't know the output in watts, but anecdotally my 08 TE250 definitely puts out more juice than my 06 TE450. I run 45W headlight in each and the 250 is BRIGHT at idle, the 450 not so much. The rec/reg is more robust appearing too.

You can use up to 100-110 watt. Conect your extra equipment on the battery.

100-110 watt without emtying the battery.

Klas

You can use up to 100-110 watt. Conect your extra equipment on the battery.

100-110 watt without emtying the battery.

Klas

and where did you get this information?

Here in Sweden we race our bikes when it is dark.

It is simple. take voltmeter and check the voltagelevel over batteryconection.

With varius load. You need atleast 14,2 Volt. If you have to big load. Voltagelevel will go down.

/Klas

Does anyone know what the exact output is for the 07 TE's? Is it the same as the 08's?

I want to upgrade my lighting for my 07 TE 250 and I can't seem to find any verifiable info on stator output.

None of the manuals have the info and several folks have different opinions.

BJ

No, 2008 have 3 phase generator with higher output. EFI system need it. 08 have DC also for light system.

07 have a Ducati energia generator. 08 have a Kukosan.

/ Klas