Sign in to follow this  

2001 kx 250

We are rebuilding my 2001 kx250 next week. Already have stock piston and crank coming and all that good stuff. Also putting on white plastic and monster graphics. Also going to touch up the frame a little bit is there anything else that I should do to it when its torn down?

Going to have to break it in in the middle of the week and race it next weekend. First race in almost 2 months and I maybe have 30 minutes of seat time since the last race on my dad's wr250f.

I had my suspension done by pro-action at the beginning of the season. The bike was setup for a 300lb guy and I'm 135-140lbs. They replaced all of the seals and stuff. Everything we take off gets greased as well. After this season end I know I need to send my stabilizer off to get rebuilt by GPR.

Steering head bearings. Check for grease and looseness. Check motor mounts and shock mount for cracks.

Still have your fat guy springs? Mine is set up for off road with lighter rates. Makes it hard to set the correct sag. I'm thinking of going back to heavier springs. Oh yeah, I'm 235lb with gear and after a nice breakfast.

How much did your part run ya? My 2000 kx 250 just seized and I'm about to do the same.

We ordered everything from the TT store it was like 413 or something close to that. I strongly suggest to anyone that has never put seals in an 02 or later do it now. My bike started sucking air through one and it would take off like a rocket ship when i let off the throttle. I can check on the spring rates in the morning. I don't remember ATM but I can see if there is anything on the springs I have the front and rear.