Sign in to follow this  

Lakeside MX SC????

I'm planning to take my kid riding tomorrow (Sat.). I saw on PossumKingdom MX's website that they were closed until they get their water truck fixed. I was looking to go to Turkey Creek MX, but then I saw Lakeside MX in Greenville on a site and that would be a lot closer for me. We tried to take him to Strawberry Hill a couple of weeks ago but it was too muddy for his bike to get through. My kid is 4 and rides a crf50 would Lakeside be a good place for him? I'm also planning on riding and this will be my first time at an MX track.

Lakeside is a hard clay (currently ungroomed) intermediate track that follows natural terrain. A kid can ride it but there's no track workers there anymore to split up the pros and beginners so ride at your own risk. There is however still a kiddie track there up in the woods on the right when you drive in and a woods trail down on the left.

LS has always been one of my favorite local tracks and I still love to ride there but the managing and attendance has definitely fallen off lately. I'm hoping they'll have a big comeback down there but I'm not holding my breath.

101mx has practice on sunday, I will be there. I think they have a mini track- they did last year.

Ok so I decided to wait until tomorrow (Sun) to go ride since it was looking like Lakeside would not be a good idea for my kid. Which would be the best place out of TNT, CAW, Durhamtown, or Broad River? That's the ones I've found on the net. I believe that TNT would be the closest to me. My wife is also going to ride the ATV just so she can keep up with my boy in case I hit a track or two.

tnt has a kids only track. it also has three tracks for the bigger guys as well.