Sign in to follow this  

KX450 dyno results

IMG_0006.pdf

Heres a recent run of a kawasaki i built . I did a top end for Crhis Filmore last year that was only producing 55 hp and it was able to keep with wards bike and Graves machines in the pro super motard ranks .

• Like 1

this engine had a vortex ignition it produced the best power on the #1 map i have the software to change the curves but did not have time to alter it yet.

WOW! that's like the perfect curve.👍
Yeah, very very impressive curves! Perfect - for motard I assume.

What I mean is for MX, engine wise I'd not trade for anything, the crisp grunty output from my 06 engine between 2 and 4000rpm. Besides with that top end on rough tracks I'd not be in the saddle for very long. :worthy:

Hey Ron,what about the crank is it stock stroke,hot rods is going to release a 3mm stroker crank which would make 471cc,can use stock piston and timeing chain.With your set up do you recomend balancing the crank and welding?and what year crank would you recomend?i belive each year kawasaki has changed their crank design, 08 haveing more mass, different counter weight.

the cranks are stock the 08 is more of a full circle crank we have a heavy crank and Henry does not like the power with it .Last year Henry was riding with Ryan Vilipoto @ Gratan Ryan had a special KX 450 that he practiced with Henry had the yamaha that we built for the peoria hot shoe a 58 hp bike Ryan was amazed @ how the Yamaha smoked him going up the Gratan hills Ryan said he could not ride the bike because of contracts.I need to get one of these Kawasakis around so Ryan can take a spin on it .