Sign in to follow this  

footpeg mounts

hey. big pegs are probably the best upgrade for big riders you can get for these bikes in my opinion. BBR makes a nice set up. i think its a little over 100 bucks for the mount and pegs. i bought the Brand-X-minis set up and honestly i cant see or feel any difference between those and any others. those are about 75 bucks. you cant really go wrong buying any of the major brands though. good luck

honestly, i bought most of my parts on ebay. but theres minibikeoutlet.com, ****************, mxsouth.com. check it out. good luck

Stay away from Brand X Minis Stuff... its "what you pay for" You have to grind material off the pegs in order for them to sit level

just my .02

Eric

i think the two bros mount and pegs are the best,, ive had mine since 05 and no problems... plus they come with fastway pegs... its like standing on a 2x4 there sooo big and adjustable

Anybody know of a footpeg mount that retains the kickstand?

If you want to keep the kickstand, is it easier to just install bigger footpegs?

....... bahhh :ride:

i think the two bros mount and pegs are the best,, ive had mine since 05 and no problems... plus they come with fastway pegs... its like standing on a 2x4 there sooo big and adjustable

They actually do not do that combo anymore. Two Brothers started making their own footepegs. There is a Fastway combo available somewhere for a decent price. Can't remember where. Sorry

Anybody know of a footpeg mount that retains the kickstand?

If you want to keep the kickstand, is it easier to just install bigger footpegs?

There are no companies that currently sell heavy-duty peg mounts that retain the kickstand mount. I'd love to sell you one that has a brand-new set of Piranna mounted to it.

It is easy to just get pegs stock mount. That mount just doesn't last very long.

(There is a couple of hotlinks in their that are not showing up blue (sell you one, Piranna))

Looking for some footpegs and mount. Any good suggestions? Thanks

The Red Baron mount with some IMS SuperStock pegs are my choice .. :ride:

BBR and Two Brothers both make a good set of peg mounts. I actually run stock with IMS pegs on both bike.

More important than what peg mounts you get is you need to replace the stock peg mount bolts with longer bolts to prevent them from pulling out of the cases and/or stripping out. The small bolts used for the stocker were designed for 50-80 lb kids not adults. Replace the 8x20mm with 8x25mm with loctite to prevent them from coming out.

Also a CAT5 or other frame craddle will be a good idea as well. Once you rip out those peg mount bolts you are left with having to replace you cases which is a pain in the ass.

Good luck . . .

More important than what peg mounts you get is you need to replace the stock peg mount bolts with longer bolts to prevent them from pulling out of the cases and/or stripping out. The small bolts used for the stocker were designed for 50-80 lb kids not adults. Replace the 8x20mm with 8x25mm with loctite to prevent them from coming out.

This doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe if you were jumping...🤣

But no matter how strong, or what peg mount you put on, you are still using the same bolt holes in the case right?

The longer bolts sound like a good idea, but I don't know about the loctite.

To change the oil filter you need to remove the skid plate.

To remove the skid plate, you have to remove two of the four bolts that are holding the peg mount on.

............ bahhh :ride:

This doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe if you were jumping...🤣

But no matter how strong, or what peg mount you put on, you are still using the same bolt holes in the case right?

The longer bolts sound like a good idea, but I don't know about the loctite.

To change the oil filter you need to remove the skid plate.

To remove the skid plate, you have to remove two of the four bolts that are holding the peg mount on.

............ bahhh :ride:

Do a search on peg mounts here and on www.planetminis. A lot of guys, myself included have had issues with stock bolts pulling out of the cases. Once that happens you are screwed (bad metaphor). Yes you use the same holes but the 20mm bolt has barely 4-5 threads holding it. The 25mm uses all the threads in the cases. If you are just putting around the pits then you probably don't need to swap but then again if you are just putting around you probably don't need to change the peg mounts.

I use the blue loctite not the red. The blue holds that bolts from vibrating out. Still easy to unscrew. I use the same blue loctite on the bars, clamps, and most critical spots where you don't want them to vibrate out. The red is permanent so don't use that.

Just my 2 cents. My boys 12 and 15 ride our 110s like they stole them. Our stocker has 1 stipped and 1 broken peg mount hole. Our modded 110 that I installed new bolts and a CAT 5 craddle has no issues. Both bikes use the stock peg mount with IMS pegs.

• Like 1

You make a couple of good points.🤣

I only use my 110 to follow my son around on his 110.

I'm only putting IMS footpegs on for comfort. After reading your response I am going to put those 8x25mm on both bikes and be done with it.

Thanks!

....... bahhh :ride:

:ride: FYI I changed out the peg mount bolts with 8x25mm.

The stock brass bolts from the 07' were just as long as the 25mm.

The stock brass 05' bolts where very short. Just FYI.

........ bahhh :ride:

Hmm, if the aftermarket peg mounts don't allow keeping the bike stand, do they have an other shape than the original? I know the stock ones are tilted forward a little bit, are the aftermarket ones straight? I want to keep the stock geometry. I think it's actually pretty comfortable.

I have seen two types of aftermarket peg mounts in general. Both bring the standing position back an inch or so, in line with the bolt mounts, rather then swept forward a bit. While one stays at the stock height, which is elevated a bit from the mounts, the other go straight out, lowering and moving standing position towards the rear.

I do not know why this is not more clear. It would seem these details would be part of the specs on any peg mounts. They definitely are not. None of them really specify whether they come straight out from the bolt mount or rise a bit.