Sign in to follow this  

Adios NorCal till rain comes

found my new thrill. Going sea kayaking in my new boat for the rest of the dusty season, I pick my new boat up tomorrow!!

Here is the beauty Valley Kayak Aquanaut HV- granite color British Sea Kayak made by Valley Kayaks in Britain :worthy:

going back to the sea. dirt bikes are stacked in the corner of the garage to make way for Mine and my wife's new sea kayaks. 👍

Have fun with that thing Bob, see you when it gets wet, the ground that is not the boat.👍

Thrill? Sea Kayaking? I dunno, whitewater seems closer to the thrill of off roading...

Well when you ride like Bigbog, sea kayaking is probably just as much of a rush!:worthy:

Just kidding Bob! 👍

Spent the first week of August up at Gold Beach, Oregon. Did some kayaking on the Rogue River. Great place to spend a week on the water beats the hell out of California. 👍 Enjoy your new hobby!

beats the hell out of California. 👍 !

Might as well move away then. Good Riddence! Sianara!

oh yes the new Big Gun is home now

gandolf001s.jpg

This ain't not girlie river box, this is a open ocean racer only 22" wide.... 17'7" long, designed and built in Great Britain

gandolf003.jpg

:worthy::busted::blah:👍

that's nice. we got a regular kayak for free about 2 years ago. we finally took it out a couple weeks ago to the river and I love it, I should have tried it sooner.

leaving the TT island now, and I'm taking my first mate KayakingGinger with me

gandolf002.jpg

- the ex-skipper. :D:worthy::busted::blah:👍

Are you going to be able to get both Kayaks in your truck or are you going to have to get a trailer? Nice rig that you have in that picture, I have never seen a hitch extension like that.

RJ

leaving the TT island now, and I'm taking my first mate KayakingGinger with me

gandolf002.jpg

- the ex-skipper. :doh::busted::blah::D:worthy:

Hot lady!👍

You need a lumber rack to haul something that long safely...have fun!

Uh Oh! The Skipper and Ginger are heading out for another THREE HOUR TOUR! :worthy:

Nice looking boat BigBob, we'll have to hit the water some time soon (maybe Slab Creek Res.). 👍

A sea kayak? But you don't live near the sea. 👍

Where are you going to use it? On the Sac River? In the Delta?

Ok we had our Sea Kayaking II lesson today for 6 hours on Lake natoma. we learned all the self and buddy helping wet rescues. WE LOVE THIS!! I AM BACK IN THE WATER AGAIN!

Sea Kayaks are more efficient in the water then your average shorter family type weekend recreation play kayaks. They are long & lean and paddle like a dream and they turn on the water effortlesly. They are Husabergs! That why we love them You paddle Sea kayaks on lakes, rivers, deltas, estuaries, oceans, surf beaches every where, any where there is water>

That extend-a-bed rack system I have is made for long loads and it very legal and safe to carry loads like this. Lots of in the know kayakers use those extend-a bed truck racks. They are only $159 not the $500 for in bed rack systems and I don't have to lift the boat so high and yes both boats fit.

KayakingGinger says she loves this! Thank you Lord! Thank you Jesus. WE ARE WATER RATS NOW!!

yeah OD, slab resovoir here we come. It is one of many places named in this famous Sea Kayak book written by a NorCal native called "up a lake with a paddle." where he lists all the spots to go in NorCal

NO MORE GREEN STICKERS....No more winter closures.....No MORE DUST!!

Ok we had our Sea Kayaking II lesson today for 6 hours on Lake natoma. we learned all the self and buddy helping wet rescues. WE LOVE THIS!! I AM BACK IN THE WATER AGAIN!

Sea Kayaks are more efficient in the water then your average shorter family type weekend recreation play kayaks. They are long & lean and paddle like a dream and they turn on the water effortlesly. They are Husabergs! That why we love them You paddle Sea kayaks on lakes, rivers, deltas, estuaries, oceans, surf beaches every where, any where there is water>

That extend-a-bed rack system I have is made for long loads and it very legal and safe to carry loads like this. Lots of in the know kayakers use those extend-a bed truck racks. They are only $159 not the $500 for in bed rack systems and I don't have to lift the boat so high and yes both boats fit.

KayakingGinger says she loves this! Thank you Lord! Thank you Jesus. WE ARE WATER RATS NOW!!

yeah OD, slab resovoir here we come. It is one of many places named in this famous Sea Kayak book written by a NorCal native called "up a lake with a paddle." where he lists all the spots to go in NorCal

NO MORE GREEN STICKERS....No more winter closures.....No MORE DUST!!

Slab Creek is sweet. Sweet slalom course set up for the power boaters.

Dont be a hater now.

• Like 1

I suggest you take some roll lessons & learn to roll. Wet rescues are for the birds... Esp if you ever get into trouble in choppy seas or surf zones.

👍 Nice ride!:worthy: Kayaks are definately on our dream list around here.I have had fun in canoes but my son and I always envy the guys we see ripping across the water in kayaks.Forgot about Slab Creek,almost went there with a canoe years ago but the person going with me canceled out and I didn't want to go solo in the canoe and risk dealing with wind or ???Enjoy your new pastime Skipper and Ginger!

I suggest you take some roll lessons & learn to roll. Wet rescues are for the birds... Esp if you ever get into trouble in choppy seas or surf zones.

Didn't know you could actually roll those sea kayaks liek you would a river yak.