My new 02

I had been thinking about getting a 125 and make it a dedicated MX bike so I could make the 250 into a dedicated offroad bike. I found this on CL the guy originally wanted 1500 for it then I kept watching it and it came down to 1200 I went and looked at it and rode it and gave him 1000 for it. Its an 02 KX125 he was the original owner(as evidencd by the title) said he hardly rode it after having a bad crash on another bike. Its pretty much all stock with the exception of an FMF gold pipe. Pro Taper 78ths bars and a DID rear wheel. Im going to drain all the fluids (coolant looks clean but original) and see if I can tune it well enough to take it out Sunday to the track. Future plans (If the wife dosent kill me first) 144 kit, black excll wheels and a good suspension.

KX125-2.jpg

KX125-3.jpg

KX125.jpg

Yeah I know. I went out to the garage to see what else needs fixing. Looks pretty good so far. May need a re jet Ill know better once I clean the carb and get some fresh gas in her.

lets go do a night ride!!! just kidding but im dying to ride

I don't know what it is about JunkmanKX250, but that guyhas 2 BRAND new 02'a. the 250 he has is just as clean. The guy knows how to find bikes!

Congrats Joe! Hey we are gonna do Speedworld Sunday. Firebird was bananas last night. Got to say though the 144 is WAY up there on the fun scale.

Nice hardware Joe. Look forward to riding track with you again.

What time does Speedworld open? I convinced a couple of the guys from work to come out to ET tomorrow so I may do that. Ill let you know. Im dying to get the 125 out and ride it. I pulled the plastics and seat off and there isnt even any wear on the paint under the seat. I guess Im just lucky lately (its about time) Of course the wife wasnt impressed :worthy:?

Speedworld is the same time. I love the ET jumps but I really hate the lack of dirt thre. I really really want to practice tunning and ET is basicly a drag race between corneres. ET to practice jumps and elsewhere to practice corners is how I see it. I like the deep dirt like FB has and apparently speedworld is a very loamy track. Firebird was incredible last night.

Hey on the 125 Joe, you have to keep it up on the pipe and do not short shift it. You need to learn to ride it like you stole it. You can do it in lower gears to keep the speed down but the engine RPM's must be kept up like a ferrari. It is made to scream at the top of the rpm range. Keep that in mind. Way different than the 250 that you can lug and short shift. Once you get it it is big fun and it will teach you alot faster.

Thanks for the tip Eric Im sure next time we go out together I will need you to critique my riding on this bike. I rode it some more today after cleaning it and changing the fluids. It is quite different than the 250 thats for sure, and man does it scream. I can imagine what it would be like with a 144 kit in it.