Sign in to follow this  

Engine Ice or Water Wetter??

Save yourself some $ and go down to Wally World and pick up a container of Seinna by Prestone. Same stuff as Engine Ice (polypropolyene glycol) only 1 gallon for 1/4 the price of a their liter. Do flush out your system first. The Prestone flush works good and you'll have enough left over to do all of your buddy's bikes too.

OK, I see Prestone now sells an Xtreme coolant for motorcycles on and off road. It's premixed with deionized water. I guess the Seinna stuff was a little while ago. They still market a low tox coolant that's the propylene glycol too. Sorry for the older info.

OK, I see Prestone now sells an Xtreme coolant for motorcycles on and off road. It's premixed with deionized water. I guess the Seinna stuff was a little while ago. They still market a low tox coolant that's the propylene glycol too. Sorry for the older info.

The Prestone brand name for their propylene glycol coolant is called Sierra.

I have always run Engine Ice after having it help my cooling issues on a past bike. I get it cheap, so I generally pour it in after the first time I have a rad off of a new bike. Unfortunately I smashed the radiator on my 06 CRF (bought new 10 monthes ago) with 3 hours on the motor :worthy: so it never takes long 👍

Sierra or peak is the same. I can't remember which or both. PepBoys has them.

I ended up getting some Liquid Performance for cheaper than Engine Ice. I'll give it a shot and see. If I can get a year out of it...which I do, $15 is nothing if it keeps my crf450 quad nice and cool in the dunes. That soft sand is a killer for sure.

I prefer Engine Ice. I have yet to boil a bike with Engine Ice. Water Wetter works really well, but if you do boil, and I did, it takes alot longer to cool down.

As CamP said Sierra is the same and less expensive.