Sign in to follow this  

Need help disassembling Showa cartrige and all i have is this lousy phone

Dudes, I'm trying to ride tomorrow morning but I need to change fork oil. How do I disassemble the cartridge and fill the oil. 1 feels empty as you extend the damper and the other full. What gives? I would search but all I have is this lousy Blackberry. Please help! Thanks

Thanks! That made it simple. But I must have a bad inner chamber seal as one was EMPTY! Zero. The other was ugly as all get out. I'm going to refill them and see if one leaks. Thanks again!

Thanks! That made it simple. But I must have a bad inner chamber seal as one was EMPTY! Zero. The other was ugly as all get out. I'm going to refill them and see if one leaks. Thanks again!

If it leaked the oil out once then it WILL do it again.

doc

not if someone put it together empty.

no luck. it ran out the bottom as soon as i compressed the damper. i have no experience disassembling the inner cartridge. but it looks like a special hex tool splits the two. can anyone walk me through it? this sucks as i'm on the BIGGEST financial crunch in my 40 years and just want to ride some moto and blow off some steam.👍

you can use a 19mm open end wrench or a 32mm nut to open the cartridge

you can use a 19mm open end wrench or a 32mm nut to open the cartridge

not the top. i need to replace the seal on the bottom. it leaks from where the damper enters the cartridge. you push the damper in and out comes my new oil.