Sign in to follow this  

chain adjustinment question

is it me or are the tick marks on the swingarm inaccurate...i measured the total distance of the marks, the distance from each one to the end of the swing arm, and they are even but when i go to line up the lines on my ride engineering blocks with the lines on the swingarm the wheel looks a little crooked...i checked the blocks but they are the same size and they have evenly spaced out white lines that line up when put next to each other....then when i try to eyeball it the difference will be around 2/3 or a full mark...also the rims is true so it isnt the rim

It depends on the bike. I remember MXA writing about how the marks on their RMZ450 were a full tick off. My last few Hondas have been spot on. To verify the marks on your bike, measure the distance from the centerline of the swingarm bolt to the centerline of the axle on each side of the bike.

It depends on the bike. I remember MXA writing about how the marks on their RMZ450 were a full tick off. My last few Hondas have been spot on. To verify the marks on your bike, measure the distance from the centerline of the swingarm bolt to the centerline of the axle on each side of the bike.

Thanks

ok so i measured from the center of the swingarm pivot shaft to the center of the axle...i got it to equal but the tick marks are off...07kx250f...and its probably the same with my 05...the difference is about 1/3-1/2 of a full mark...

take a str8 edge and line up your front and rear sprock does the srt8 edge touch both all the way accross?