Sign in to follow this  

Removing RS-2 endcap - parts in exhaust?

So I installed my RS-2 exhaust on my SM today and while trying to pry the stupid endcap out with the "Yoshi spring tool" the metal tip broke off and ended up somewhere in the exhaust. It's probably only about 1/4", but should I assume it was ejected upon fire up or should I be concered about it getting down the mid-pipe,through the header and into the motor somehow. Sorry for the stupid question. I just hear a ticking in the motor now, that of course I didn't hear before, and I don't know if its just all in my head.

You have no need to worry about it. THe ticking you probably hear is the piece vibrating around in your pipe (maybe), To pry off the end cap requires a flat tip screw driver and an allen set to remove that retainer bolt and then put the flat tip in a little slot made in the end cap just for it. you can always take apart your pipe and try to shake the piece out as well.

Your good, and the rattling is probably the exhaust shield on the header rattling, I installed the same system yesterday, and ran into to a small rattle as well.