Sign in to follow this  

Offroad equipment

Since Acquiring my 125 Im going to start equiping the 250 for purely offroad use. What equipment should I get for it,protection and function. Here is my list so far.

1. Skid Plate

2. Disc guards

3. Steering Stabilizer

4. Bark Busters

5. Unbreakable levers

6. Desert Tank

7. Flywheel weight - unsure what size

If there is anything else please let me know. Also order of importance, since I will be buying these pieces a bit at a time (have to keep the wife from killing me)👍

Your list looks pretty complete. Id go with the skid plate, barkbusters and tank for starters. Unbreakable levers, not so sure they are needed, in 24 years of racing, I think I broke one lever. The handguards will extend the life of the levers. I run a 9oz on my 04 and my fiance runs a 11oz on her 04. Depends on what power delivery you like. Hers is a little smoother than mine, but mine has a differant pipe on it, she runs the stock pipe.

I would if you havent already get the suspension worked for the type of riding you do. money well spent and about the same as a steering damper and works twice as good.

I have a gpr on mine and it is currently not working as it should but with the suspension re valved the I can say I cant tell or say I want it to work or even need it unless I am running flat out across rough terrain.

From my past experience off road if I had to choose the suspension comes first. Then protection and power.

I have a GPR on mine. It's saved me plenty of times. I was riding my dad's bike and hit a pretty nice size rock and the bars ripped right out of my hands (he doesn't have a stabilizer.) Now I swear by stabilzer. I only run a rear disc guard on mine. Handguards-cycra. IMS big tank for long rides. I also have a T.M. Design works chain guide its pretty nice. Make sure you get a skid plate and not a glide plate. Good luck!

I have a WER stabilizer on mine, Ive been using them since the early 90s. Im still using the 1st one that I bought. I just transfer it from bike to bike. As mentioned earlier, a suspension revalve would be the best money spent. It can make a world of differance.

Yeah I forgot the radiator braces. Can you all reccommend the best parts as far as fit. I have read that some of the rad guards and other protection (skid plates) dont fit so well

LOL Thas my next project I have to find another 125 Frame and a KDX motor then Im gonna do it probablly after the first of the year

LOL Thas my next project I have to find another 125 Frame and a KDX motor then Im gonna do it probablly after the first of the year

lemme knwo ill bring mine over so you can check it out

Yeah defineately Thanks. I may have a line on a motor Im gonna pick it up and stick it on the shelf and slowly (under the wife's radar) gather parts.