Sign in to follow this  

what do you know about cams???

so here's the story... my friends and i decided that we aren't gonna play the game "he with the most money wins" so we made some rules as far as upgrades to keep us all on an even paying field for our backyard races on friday nights. we agreed to not install bore kits or bigger carbs and not to get way out of hand with big money suspension upgrades, no clutches, and no disc brakes. thats pretty much it. i have my suspension pretty much dialed and i have a few power upgrades as follows: two brothers air box removal and air filter, 85 main with stock pilot jet (i had a bigger pilot but i think it runs better with the stock), choke removal plug, and t-4 exhaust. im thinkin about a new cam but i need to keep in mind that we arent allowing bigger carbs... does anyone have any experience/ suggestions on cams without other internal mods? thanks

-matt

takegawa cam. I have one in a stocker bike i ride and it makes a world of difference.

Ehhhh wrong! put the YX cam in it. Its more aggressive then the se cam. just under the specs of the tak s25 cam for the roller head

is that a fairly independant cam or am i going to need a bunch of supporting mods to make it worth it?

yx cam for sure..

What about gearing it what size you running on the back?

Eric

i know that when we did the crf we had to do a port and polish, otherwise i wopuld of had to buy a bigger carb but hte porting took care of it 👍

Ehhhh wrong! put the YX cam in it. Its more aggressive then the se cam. just under the specs of the tak s25 cam for the roller head

Where is a good place to get one of these yx cams from ?

Thanx !

there isnt really a dealer for them that i have heard of. they arnt exactly an aftermarket part. they come stock in a yx type engine.