Sign in to follow this  

correct set up/ bike for a BIG!!! Guy

Alright well first off i got into dirt biking a few years ago and my friend is slowly looking to get into it but the problem is he's 6'2 and almost 400lbs, he sat on my Yz250f and almost bottomed the suspention out!

what kind of bike should he be looking for?

or would it be cheaper to get a four stroke 250 and change out the suspention?

he's a big guy and all but i dont think he could handle a 450 for a first bike

any sugestions would really help

4 a first bike i would get a old junker 300 or 400 and let him learn on it just the basics etc then when he gets the hang of it get him a xr650 still easy and fun to ride bike great for a big bear like him, go into the 650r forum and talk to martinfan30 as i recall he is a big bear 👍

alright thanks

atleast i wasnt that far off

i was thinking along those lines but i wasnt sure if a xr650 would just be too much

alright thanks

atleast i wasnt that far off

i was thinking along those lines but i wasnt sure if a xr650 would just be too much

the xr650 isnt like a crf450, i would say its easy to handle and it will fit his size and weight very well, i imagine the 650 will also have the better grunt to lug him around and his weight would have a less negative effect on that bike vs. a 450 (no offense meant)

what kinda riding does he want to do? the klr650 is also a nice dirt and street bike, feels a little heavier and bulkier then the xr but still a nice bike that would hold him,

i would look for a old suzuki or kawi a it400 or something let him learn on that then get him a good 650, im sure he would prefer a 4 stroke over a 2 stroke for his size.

well i guess it would be mostly just trails and single tracks because there arnt many places to ride in connecticut and im sure as hell he wont be riding at a motocross track

i think the best suited bike would be something big with a ton of low end torque but i dont know anything about bikes bigger than a 450, the only bike i knew was the xr650 and thats just vaguely