Sign in to follow this  

R&D Power bowl on Wr 250f 07'

Hi all,

I am installing an R&D power bowl to my bike today, is there anything I should be carefull of, it looks pretty easy. I picked it up second hand for a steal, the guy I got it from said he used his stock 'detent' spring and not the one supplied cause he could not get the stock one out.Is it necessary to change it?

I have just installed two bowls. The carb should come off the bike if you are going to change the spring. The bowl does work very well. If you are going to change the spring there are two springs in that area of the carb. After you have removed the plunger rod, carefully remove only the black plastiv bellhouseing for the plunger rod and the spring thats needs to be changed will be in view. If you do not carefully remove the black pastic you could pull the whole mechanisim with the second spring that sits behind the black plastic bell houseing and its spring. That second spring and assembly is a pain in the neck to put back. After you have installed the new spring and attached the plunger rod make sure that the rod moves when you move the slide up and down by turning the circular throttle mounts. If the plunger rod does not move you have installed the spring incorectlly. Look at the picture for the spring installation very carefully.