Sign in to follow this  

this might not make sense in USA

👍 I alredy have a 250sx 2T 05 mdl. rec reged. Most of my mates ride bush, & don't go track riding at all! I wanna ride with my mates (or you guy's if you'll let me) so a bike without limitations would be nice.

The ? is do I put the $$$ in to the bikie I have or do I shell out for a newy???? I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR THUOGHTS. Please do'nt turn this into a thread about MX'ers in the bush. Thanx.

G Banger.

Slap on a skid plate and some hand guards and you will be good to go . If you really want to go for it get a pipe guard too .

Slap on a skid plate and some hand guards and you will be good to go . If you really want to go for it get a pipe guard too .

And maybe add a flywheel weight.

Steve

you know, MXers in the bush are like ........... .......... ................ .....COOL! 👍

Mine was once an MXer and now does quite well in the bush. You gotta add some things to make it bush proof but once there - it's great. I recommend suspension mods and a Rekluse auto clutch first among any others. Then bash protection everywhere.

have you tried just taking your bike out riding with them? I go out to the desert a lot with a group of people who ride track 75% of the time. All of our bikes are track bikes and we still have a blast. Nothing is better then finding natural jumps no one's hit before. And usually all you have to do is soften up your suspension a little bit, and it's perfect.

I personally ride a 450R in the woods all the time and my only real desire is a heavier flywheel for the tight stuff. Stalling becomes an issue at real slow speeds and I end up working the clutch over pretty hard to keep it in the meat of the power. A re-gear, and FWW will help these issues though. Nothing another set of chain and sprockets wouldn't fix for days you're riding in the woods.

BTW, most of my mates and I ride bush also 👍 We understand how to ride bush here in the good 'ol USA :worthy: