Sign in to follow this  

07 vs 08 crf 450

Is the 08 better than the 07 crf 450. I can get either one brand new and can save around $1500 on the 07. Is the 08 worth the extra $$$$. Has anybody owned both and have any input.

Buy the 07 and have the suspension done - you will still save money over the 08 and have a far better bike. There isn't much real world difference between the two, stock.

If I could of got an 08 for around 500 more than an 07 I would have bought an 08. 1500 is alot to save, no way the 08 is that much better,, if any.

If I could of got an 08 for around 500 more than an 07 I would have bought an 08. 1500 is alot to save, no way the 08 is that much better,, if any.

👍 perfect answer

Buy the 07 and have the suspension done - you will still save money over the 08 and have a far better bike. There isn't much real world difference between the two, stock.
👍 perfect answer

I love my 06 but it has 70 plus hours on it and I feel it is time for new. How much better was the 07 than the 06.

thank you for your input

I have had both, get the 07, 1500 is quite a difference, BTW 08´s clutch is crap. If you plan to run the stock exhaust you will be better off on a 07, 08´s jetting is very sensitive to temp changes, maby because of its new exhaust

Bringing back and old thread, hopefully someone will answer.

Looking about buying a New 07 or a used(great shape) 08, for about the same price, right around 4700. Any suggestions on what to do??

New 07 as previous posters mentioned. I have the 07 and totally love it after having the suspension done. I've ridden the 08 w/ susp work and like mine better.

I just got an '07 for 5,200 total. Not bad? Just sold my XR 650R and now might sell my 450X but not really wanting to. Just doing the minimal, suspension and skid plate.

i just bought the 07, what exactly needs to be done to the suspension? front and back?

Thanks guys, sounds like the 07 is getting the vote. THe 08 is very nice but with 40 hours already, New seems a little better. Thanks again

I had an 06 that I just loved. I sold it last summer to buy me a new 09. Then just as the 09 were coming a buddie I race with had an 08 with 5 hours on it had a Rekluce Pro clutch, suspension done, procircuit hole shot device, Dunlop 756 front tire, Ragena chain all done to the bike & I paid $5500 for the bike. I felt like I got a good deal. Then I heard all the bad things about the 09 suspension & I think my deal was 10 times better yet.

I vote 07 with the $1,500.00 mod money. There are two new 07's near me for $4,500.00. Of course my vote may be tainted....I have an 07.

There are two new 07's near me for $4,500.00.

I sold my 07 tonight for just under that, but mines got some good garb and only about 20 hours.

You got good money for it. I picked up a like new (less than 10 hrs.) 06 for my son for Xmas for 3,000.00. What are you getting now?