Sign in to follow this  

i learned something new today

2 stroke engines can start and run in either direction... i figured that out when digging in on a very large hill, with a broken front brake. so i put it in gear and used the clutch as a break to keep me from rolling backwards too fast. well my engine bump started and ran in reverse:crazy: lol. scary moment.

lol....... my old man has told me stories, but i've never gotten to see it happen....

since you made the post, i take it you made it out alive

i was under the impression modern 2 strokes couldn't do it, i guess i was wrong

man that would have been a kodak moment. the look on your face must have been priceless

I got to see it in person as well, on a Blaster. That atv had a few problems anyway, but after it was all torn down afterwards the reeds were BAD. I don't know if it was from running backwards or not but it was really weird!

in theory, atleast as far as i know, it shouldn't make any difference if a 2 stroke is turning forward or backwards. Heck, a 4 stroke could easily be set up to run either direction if you just mess with the cam.

How did he start that in reverse? It looks like he just rolled it up to the camera then just started Going in reverse.

And back on topic I once started my kdx200 in reverse while going backwards down a hill. But luckily I knew exactly what had happend so I was able to shut it off immediatly.